My 1st Planted Tank - Questions
I have a Biocube 29Gal that I am going to re-purpose as my 1st planted tank. I have it cleaned and ready to begin but need some advice 1st.
Things that are important to me:
1. Ease of Maintenance
2. Support fish
3. Low startup and running cost
Equipment I have:
2. 2x 10k 36w Lights (Std BioCube Hood)
4. CO2 Diffuser ($10 glass one from LFS)
I am planning on making a DIY CO2 generator out of a soda bottle.
1. What is a good substrate combo for a beginner? I would like to have variations in height in the tank and not keep it flat. I am also wanting a natural look.
2. Are there issues using limestone rock for decoration, they tend to keep PH in my Cichlid tank?
3. Is CO2 safe tubing and check valve for the DIY generator necessary?
I use just plane sand, but some people use dirt with a sand cap..etc, I don't have enough info on substrates so hopefully someone will chime in.
On my diy c02 I just use airline tubing *been fine for 3 months*
with my diy c02 I have one bottle of yeast with tubing going into a bottle of water & then out into my diffuser *no check valve* But a lot of people seem to run them, I have no problems without them
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.