The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rock selection in San Diego

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  scbrooks87 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, San Diego native here, been to a lot of LFS around the area, Pet Kingdom, Vet's Pets, Octopus Garden, etc... But I can't say I remember any of them having a great selection on aquascaping stones...

I saw in October someone say they found Ohko stone at a LFS in San Diego, but he didn't say which one, and I haven't heard back from a PM I sent him.

Anyone know of a LFS in the San Diego region with a good selection of stones?

Thanks
-Scott

#3 ·
Rocks

I went to KRC Rock in Poway it's a landscape rock place. I asked if I can get some broken pieces and they said go ahead and I did not even have to pay for them as they can not sell broken pieces. They have a nice selection from Lava rock to Flat Slate. I'd ask before picking them. They have heavy duty plastic bags to put them.

The KRC Rock in Poway is 12249 Oak Knoll Rd. Poway (858) 748-3953
They have another location in Lakeside also that you can look up. You might want to check out Landscape rock places close to you, Better then the local fish stores for rocks and you might get them for free or really cheap.

#4 ·
Thanks Eileen! I think I'll check out both KRC and RCP rock in the local area. Looks like RCP might have some neat selections too at their lemon grove location. I know right where KRC in lakeside is also, so I'll make a trip to both places tomorrow morning. May get a bundle of lava rock, and then see if they have some other stuff with neat textures.

If they have plenty of options, it's so cheap I won't mind buying several different aquascapes worth and then what I don't use can sit outside till I can use it lol.

Thanks for the idea!!

-Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.