The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   AQUATOP Aquatic Supplies - Planted Aquaria (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Pricing increases? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202770)

DarkCobra 12-29-2012 09:00 PM

Pricing increases?

In October 2011 I ordered two items from truaqua.com, your US vendor. Have been happy with everything, and I visited again today to buy a few more items, but was turned away by the prices.

One of my original purchases was a PF25-UV HOB with UV, for $39.95. It now costs $54.99. Well, that's not too bad, and it is an item unique to your company.

The other was a CP-12 wavemaker, originally for $23.95. This is one of the items I intended to reorder today. But it now costs $59.99, a whopping 250% increase. I can get an original Koralia of nearly identical specs for this price, rather than a clone; or get a clone from another company for about what I originally paid for a CP-12.

I don't mean for this to be a vendor review, although it may be seen as one. Mainly, I just wanted to ask why prices have increased so much?

MiniFishRoom 12-29-2012 09:46 PM

Online retailers keep tabs on what you leave in your cart and wish list. So if you don't purchase it right then and wait... they always jack up the prices. This is often the case. I bet if you drop it from your cart or wish list and go back in a few days or couple of weeks the price will probably be lower.

DarkCobra 12-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniFishRoom (Post 2132156)
Online retailers keep tabs on what you leave in your cart and wish list. So if you don't purchase it right then and wait... they always jack up the prices. This is often the case. I bet if you drop it from your cart or wish list and go back in a few days or couple of weeks the price will probably be lower.

Interesting. Though that's not the case here. I just tried from a different computer and internet connection, that's never been on their website. Same increased prices.

MiniFishRoom 12-29-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCobra (Post 2132164)
Interesting. Though that's not the case here. I just tried from a different computer and internet connection, that's never been on their website. Same increased prices.

If you don't need the items right now I'd just wait it out a few days/weeks and check back. If prices still don't change then it just might be new prices because of demand.

sundragon 12-29-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCobra (Post 2132092)
In October 2011 I ordered two items from truaqua.com, your US vendor. Have been happy with everything, and I visited again today to buy a few more items, but was turned away by the prices.

One of my original purchases was a PF25-UV HOB with UV, for $39.95. It now costs $54.99. Well, that's not too bad, and it is an item unique to your company.

The other was a CP-12 wavemaker, originally for $23.95. This is one of the items I intended to reorder today. But it now costs $59.99, a whopping 250% increase. I can get an original Koralia of nearly identical specs for this price, rather than a clone; or get a clone from another company for about what I originally paid for a CP-12.

I don't mean for this to be a vendor review, although it may be seen as one. Mainly, I just wanted to ask why prices have increased so much?

The CP-12 is $30 at Amazon, with free 2nd day shipping if you're a Prime member. It may have been a sale.

laqu 12-31-2012 04:34 AM

their uv filters went up too... looks like when they first release an item it's cheaper then it will be later.

AquaTopMAG 01-14-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCobra (Post 2132092)

You are right, we did increase our prices on certain items, but we also lowered out prices on items as well. We can assure you that we don't manipulate the pricing once it's in the cart and we have a strict pricing policy. It came down to production and freight costs that went up on some of our products that forced a price increase. We still think Aquatop and Truaqua have some of the best deals around so we hope you continue to shop with us.

DarkCobra 01-14-2013 11:08 PM

Thanks for the official response. I haven't written off Truaqua, and will continue to include them in comparison shopping for future purchases.