The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PaintBall Tank with Level indicator - Cheap way to prevent EOTD? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202290)

FlyingHellFish 12-28-2012 12:07 AM

PaintBall Tank with Level indicator - Cheap way to prevent EOTD?

Check this paint ball 20 oz tank I got, it has a level indicator that tells you when it is nearing empty.

I didn't have time to get it filled as the place only sold the tanks.

http://i.imgur.com/pODuil.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C43xHl.jpg
The whole set up is not screwed in all the way, the tank is empty. You guys get the idea.

Darkblade48 12-28-2012 12:38 AM

What was your total cost?

Also, are those some Audiotechnica M50's I see?

FlyingHellFish 12-28-2012 04:27 PM

Yeah, extremely old M50's. They're getting quite popular now a days.

Total cost? No idea, I just hand over a plastic card and signed a piece of paper that they gave me this for free!

Darkblade48 12-29-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 2129273)
Yeah, extremely old M50's. They're getting quite popular now a days.

I personally don't like their sound signature, but that's another story :flick:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 2129273)
Total cost? No idea, I just hand over a plastic card and signed a piece of paper that they gave me this for free!

Sounds like you handed over your credit card! :D

FlyingHellFish 12-29-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkblade48 (Post 2131036)
I personally don't like their sound signature, but that's another story :flick:

Sounds like you handed over your credit card! :D

I didn't realize you were an audiophile! I also got the SRH840 and I prefer the M50's. They had a price error on the Shure and I got it for 80 bucks. Anyways, I'm trying to score some use Denon D2000.

My credit card going to take another hit, now I can finally make another regulator. Still waiting on those Concoa 212 regulators, hopefully I see some on [Ebay Link Removed] <--- I didn't even put a link?

Darkblade48 12-29-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 2131374)
I didn't realize you were an audiophile! I also got the SRH840 and I prefer the M50's. They had a price error on the Shure and I got it for 80 bucks. Anyways, I'm trying to score some use Denon D2000.

An excellent pair of headphones; I have them and love them. Personally, I found the M50's bass to be too strong, and the D2000, while still strong in the bass, are not as bass heavy as the M50. The highs have a little bit of sparkle and sometimes are a bit sibilant, but you can get rid of it with a touch of equalization. I use a good parametric equalizer to really get the D2000 to sound the way I like. If doing A/B comparisons, once the equalizer is turned off, vocals sound flat.

I'd love to get my hands on a pair of D5000 or even D7000....it's a shame Denon decided to retire their old line for the newer line. I can't stand the look of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 2131374)
My credit card going to take another hit, now I can finally make another regulator. Still waiting on those Concoa 212 regulators, hopefully I see some on [Ebay Link Removed]

:D

FlyingHellFish 12-30-2012 12:20 AM

At the time they were the most accurate reference head phones for the price range. The price was dropping and then the whole Dr.Dre beats craze shot the price back up, not sure about now. Parametric equalizer? :eek5: I just thinking of a simple DAC with maybe a AKG K551 since it on sale locally for us.

Anyways, if you do somehow end up building either a Concoa 212 or a Matheson 3810 regulator, I'll be interested.

Darkblade48 12-30-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 2132454)
At the time they were the most accurate reference head phones for the price range. The price was dropping and then the whole Dr.Dre beats craze shot the price back up, not sure about now. Parametric equalizer? :eek5: I just thinking of a simple DAC with maybe a AKG K551 since it on sale locally for us.

I would not call the Audiotechnia M50's reference headphones at all; their sound signature is anything but flat.

You can just use software equalizer - Foobar2k has some nice add ons. I particularly like Electri-Q.

What DAC do you plan to use?

From what I can see, the K551 is just like the K550 with a microphone? I liked the K550, and was thinking of buying them, but ended up not, since the D2000 were on sale for me :)

Also, when I auditioned the K550, I think something was wrong with the headphones, since the bass was very weak (maybe loose cable, broken driver, who knows). The next time I went back, it was fixed....so a little puzzling. The fit of the K550 is important to get good sound though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 2132454)
Anyways, if you do somehow end up building either a Concoa 212 or a Matheson 3810 regulator, I'll be interested.

I don't normally buy stainless regulators because they are usually expensive and rarely go on sale.

I've built several chrome plated brass ones, however.

I'm currently working on a nice dual stage Harrison for someone.