The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Aquascaping (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   What should I do with this Scape? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=201286)

markstr 12-21-2012 08:04 PM

What should I do with this Scape?

3 Attachment(s)
This is a new scape and I went over the top here as far as size etc. just to try it out..
It looks like everything is maybe just to Vertical on the "Manzanita" ?? I was trying to get some sort of a Root look as well. Real New to this. Would appreciate some Ideas here if at all possible..
Thank you

ony 12-21-2012 08:35 PM

Thats just begging for air plants! Really love the wood but its a little too symmetrical for my taste, I'd move it to one side a bit.

markstr 12-22-2012 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ony (Post 2117844)
Thats just begging for air plants! Really love the wood but its a little too symmetrical for my taste, I'd move it to one side a bit.

Yes, that's kind of what I saw as well actually. Too much in the Center location for sure..
The Branches, when you see the picture almost might look a bit too symmetrical as far as the actual configuration/ spacing ?????
It kind of looks a little different in person. This might be just too robust shall we say for this size of tank ?? It's hard because as we know, once the plants are added, things start to change here visually.. Also, Not sure on the Plants.. Needle Leaf Java, Moss combos say attached ? I am considering on No Foreground plants as well.. Heck, I might just bag the whole concept since it might start to take on the form of my current Paludarium( pictured )
Tank is a 20 long ....
Lighting: Halide 150watt up high for starters..
Pressurized CO2

Tcal01 12-22-2012 01:55 AM

built off the center structure and just make it one big island with sand as substrate. use anubias, jf, hygros, mosses, blyxa, and maybe some hydrocotyle

markstr 12-22-2012 04:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcal01 (Post 2118330)
built off the center structure and just make it one big island with sand as substrate. use anubias, jf, hygros, mosses, blyxa, and maybe some hydrocotyle

Yes, that is pretty much my thoughts here as well. I re did it a little bit if you can see the difference. I'm going with a Sand foreground most likely , at least where it V's in the Center area. Then thinking Amazonia etc. Background etc..

bacon5 12-22-2012 06:26 AM

I say hang some phalaenopsis orchids :D Or any other tree orchids for that matter!

zoragen 12-24-2012 12:46 AM

The tank does seem a bit shallow for a piece of the size.

But there are endless possibilities for plants so I say go for it.:hihi:

Love the orchid idea!

manzpants92 12-24-2012 01:05 AM

make it look like a legit forest :) put a carpet down/ just sand and then make the driftwood look like a tree lol

jpalimpsest 01-02-2013 04:11 PM

I love the wood with the tank size.
Any updates?