The Planted Tank Forum banner

Do you know glosso, lillies and wisteria?

953 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nolan W. 
#1 ·
All my plants seem to be doing great. The glosso pearls daily, everything is a nice bright green and I don't have algae problems (anymore). My questions relate to pruning, growth, and keeping things under control. I don't have experience with how these plants really grow out, shape, or interact. Any experience with them would be appreciated.

I have dwarf lillies that are growing well. They started out as bleached bulbs. The leaves are large and they are growing bushy more than tall. However, their color isn't consistent. In the morning, when the lights turn on, they are more green. They then go through an orangish brown color and end up red later on in the day. Does this imply a deficiency or is it normal for them to start the day drab and later color up?

I have dense sagittaria planted in a triangle pattern in the lefthand corner of my tank. They started out as cuttings. I planted glosso in the center. The glosso is spreading nicely, staying very low. It has now entered the edge of my sag section. I like the look of the glosso and sag border being blurred. I hope that I can just allow the glosso to grow as far as it can and that it will eventually stop when it gets too deep into the sag bed. However, I am concerned that if I do nothing the glosso may grow upwards and overtake the bed. It is nowhere near that point now. I just need someone that knows glosso better than myself to let me know if it will naturally balance out or if I should be defending the border.

Wisteria - is there a particular method to trimming it so it grows wide and dense? I currently have a wisteria bed planted in the other corner. I trimmed the tops off of some that was sent to me and planted that, so it started off nice and bushy. I need to know if it will stay that way or if it naturally grows mostly straight up. If there is a way to affect it's growth so that it branches out as much as possible I would like to know.

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.