The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (
-   General Planted Tank Discussion (
-   -   Co2 diffuser or Co2 reactor??? Any help??? (

stevekx500 12-09-2012 12:51 AM

Co2 diffuser or Co2 reactor??? Any help???
I currently have a Co2 diffuser w/ a hob filter & am considering goin 2 an Eheim canister filter with the ISTA co2 reacter on the "return" line. Any advice. Just set up the tank last weekend & came across the reactor on DFS & liked it.

Forumsnow 12-09-2012 01:01 AM

Go with a danner mag pump with fractioning impeller on it's own closed loop going into the reactor. If you put the reactor on the canister line you will have issues with co2 as your canister starts to clog. Just my 2 cents, I am running needlewheel/ fractioning on both my tanks and am getting the best results and I have tried everything!

creekbottom 12-09-2012 01:06 AM

Curious... I'm considering a Cerges reactor on it's own closed loop with a mag pump. What does the fractioning impellor do for you?

stevekx500 12-09-2012 01:32 AM

Was also thinking about keeping the HOB filter & just power the reactor w/ a spare powerhead I have layin around... Cheaper 2

smiller 12-09-2012 05:03 PM

The needle wheel impeller cuts the CO2 into tiny bubbles.

Formumsnow......why the fractioning impeller and a reactor? Is that a bubble reducer?