The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/)
-   General Planted Tank Discussion (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/)
-   -   Very lame craigslist ad (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/199374-very-lame-craigslist-ad.html)

Oxl 12-04-2012 07:51 PM

Very lame craigslist ad

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/app/3454466423.html

Poor little goldfish! What kind of person uses animal cruelty to sell a broken appliance?

tropicalmackdaddy 12-04-2012 09:55 PM

Definitley scared me.

DogFish 12-04-2012 10:45 PM

I like to see that wired so when someone hits any of the motor buttons they get a shock.

NYREPS 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

The blades are gonna rust soon.

Geniusdudekiran 12-05-2012 12:02 AM

I sent a text to the number, and continued a heated discussion on the guy's ignorance, immaturity, and irresponsibility for a good few minutes, which ended with an irate phone call from his end with words which I shall not repeat for him here.

I would suggest that others do the same. Idiot.

bluestems 12-05-2012 12:24 AM

Since he listed it under 'appliances', I doubt anyone looking there for a blender will want one that doesn't work :icon_roll

I flagged the listing anyways.

NWA-Planted 12-05-2012 12:28 AM

Maybe i really have that sick of humor... But thats kinda funny... I mean he isn't harming the fish at all, yes it's twisted and very sick humor... But i would so do that to my friends lol

Now if it was actually blending fish i could see grounds for getting in an uproar. But he isn't.

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

NWA-Planted 12-05-2012 12:30 AM

Maybe i really have that sick of humor... But thats kinda funny... I mean he isn't harming the fish at all, yes it's twisted and very sick humor... But i would so do that to my friends lol

Now if it was actually blending fish i could see grounds for getting in an uproar. But he isn't.

Animal cruelty? Nothing in there saying thats what the guy keeps the gold fish in!

Barbgirl 12-05-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWA-Planted (Post 2099577)

Kinda agree. It seems like just a joke.

bluestems 12-05-2012 12:42 AM

I think he's just trying to make $10 off a broken appliance...

may be funny until the blades rust and the fish dies.

mitchfish9 12-05-2012 12:45 AM

Is he selling the fish too?

mitchfish9 12-05-2012 12:46 AM

Because it seems like just a way to sell a bad blender

fplata 12-05-2012 01:07 AM

What you are looking at its a fine example of funny/failed entrepreneurship. Maybe he is getting the response he is looking for. Tell me of a better way to market a broken blender?

Kiran, I mean no disrespect, but messing with the dude and sighting immaturity on his side it's a bit confusing to me.

Ultimately bad taste is not a crime, it's just bad taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxl 12-05-2012 01:46 AM

I don't see how anyone could not see the cruelty of this. Imagine yourself as the fish living in a tiny column of water with barely enough room to turn around in, no filtration, and every time you try to explore the bottom you get poked and cut by sharp blades. On top of all that a group of idiot giants gather around laughing now and then while they cause your whole world to vibrate and scream with noise.

Yet I guess it's better than life for goldfish in the 70's when the whole 'swallow live goldfish' craze was going on...

Geniusdudekiran 12-05-2012 02:04 AM

In all honesty, the blender part is a little funny and would scare friends, and be a good joke for a few minutes. However, a blender is no better than a plastic PetSmart cup or a bowl. My issue is with the amount of water, the lack of filtration, and the type if fish.