The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/)
-   General Planted Tank Discussion (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/)
-   -   Smith & Fosters lately? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/198877-smith-fosters-lately.html)

Option 11-30-2012 04:46 AM

Smith & Fosters lately?

Okay, need everyone's help....I'm trying to surpass the $49 dollar minimum to take advantage of the free shipping. I'm presently at about 20 so far and need to buy a lot more.

Tell me what is a good deal on this website to add to my cart. I'm looking for anything fish tank related (obviously)....anything from fish food to lighting.

Thanks.

chad320 11-30-2012 05:04 AM

I find that Sea hem excel and prime are always good to have on hand. Carbon is useful or a spare lightbulb.

MikeS 11-30-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad320 (Post 2094140)
I find that Sea hem excel and prime are always good to have on hand. Carbon is useful or a spare lightbulb.

All good ideas, especially the prime and lightbulbs. Also, how about anything filter related (media, cartridges,etc), fish food, nighttime LEDs, testing supplies. Their prices are usually always better than what I can find around here, so I would suggest you get things you know you will need in the future.

Also, if you have other pets, you can buy their supplies too, it all comes in the same package. You do not have to stick to one type of animal. I get packages that contain fish, dog and cat stuff.

sowNreap 11-30-2012 05:54 AM

Just a thought but you might check if Pet Mountain has what you want because right now they have for free shipping on $25 orders -- ENDS 12/3 .. use coupon code: CYBER25

sayurasem 11-30-2012 06:06 AM

Kinda disappointed because they did not have any sale on eheims this holiday weekend.

Bluek24a4 11-30-2012 06:20 AM

When I was in this same boat I ordered some tools such as fine mesh nets and those really long tweezers.

Diana 11-30-2012 06:48 AM

Look into the pricing of the freeze dried foods. The larger packages are often a good deal, and these foods keep a long time.
I do shop around quite a bit, comparing pricing, and including shipping. Sometimes it is cheaper to pay a little more for something when you are getting free shipping!

If you use the dip-stick test strips look for the bottle of 100 of the 5-way or 6-way. The price-per-strip in the bottles of 100 is much better than the 25 per bottle.

PlantedRich 11-30-2012 04:20 PM

It never hurts to have a spare heater! They don't tell you before they fail and having a spare makes for much less drama.

dhuffer 11-30-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantedRich (Post 2094486)
It never hurts to have a spare heater! They don't tell you before they fail and having a spare makes for much less drama.

I would agree with this statement 110% :)