The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hello From Barbados (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197524)

gt turbo 11-16-2012 04:52 PM

Hello From Barbados

Hi all,

Been browsing for a while and with so much information on here I'm still trying to get it all figured out. Just found the "Lounge an Intro" section :icon_redf so I'm doing just that.

I'm Gt Turbo from Barbados.

I have seven (7) tanks, (3) 10g, (3) 15g and (1) 90g.

Three (3) are currently planted, all using different methods and using much of the information I learned here. Pics can be added later.

Like most people in the hobby, I started with keeping fish and graduated to planted tanks and I have a hell of a lot left to learn.

I look forward to sharing info with all you.

cichnatic 11-16-2012 05:46 PM

Welcome to the forum GT. This is a great site and much to learn regarding planted tanks. :smile:

discuspaul 11-16-2012 06:27 PM

Welcome to TPT
Are you in Bridgetown, or elsewhere ?
Guess you don't need heaters for your tanks, huh ?
Lucky you to live there - I love Barbados.

gt turbo 11-18-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discuspaul (Post 2080874)
Welcome to TPT
Are you in Bridgetown, or elsewhere ?
Guess you don't need heaters for your tanks, huh ?
Lucky you to live there - I love Barbados.

Hey discuspaul thanks for the lovely write-up on discus, which I saved :icon_redf and read at leisure as I'm in the process of changing over my 90g to be an Amazon Biotope and I'm toying with the idea of discus or angel fish as my main attraction.

On the heater note, nope :) but i do have two, one to use in any of my FO tanks if i need to treat for any disease and the second on is on the tank in my office because we always have the air condition on to full blast as it's very warm here.

Bridgetown is the capital of the island and I live actually much closer to the airport in the parish of St. Philip. If you are ever back in the island let me know, I'll take you around to some of the local fish guys and the two guys who are specifically into discus here.

cichnatic, thank you for the welcome. I assume that your name implies that you are a cichlid fanatic. I'm really into dwarf cichlids and I'm currently breeding pelvichromis pulcher both the normal and albino.

If you guys are interested you can take a look at my flikr profile to see a collection of my tanks at different times.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61740718@N07/

cichnatic 11-18-2012 01:51 AM

Awesome to hear that you are fond of cichlids also. How many batch have you got with your pair of krib? :smile:

I love cichlids due to their personalities and especially their parental behavior. I also adopted a young pair of kribensis couple months back. I made the switch from central american to african a year ago. Shell dwellers and tangs are my current interest. I have kept neolamprologus multifasciatus, altolamprologus compressiceps and calvus.

GMYukonon24s 11-18-2012 01:30 PM

Welcome to the forum!

gt turbo 11-27-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichnatic (Post 2082264)
Awesome to hear that you are fond of cichlids also. How many batch have you got with your pair of krib? :smile:

I love cichlids due to their personalities and especially their parental behavior. I also adopted a young pair of kribensis couple months back. I made the switch from central american to african a year ago. Shell dwellers and tangs are my current interest. I have kept neolamprologus multifasciatus, altolamprologus compressiceps and calvus.

I've had 3 spawns so far. The first 2 did quite well, sold off a few to friends but i really need some space to grow them out so i could sell them to my lfs.

Aquasafe 11-27-2012 05:42 PM

Welcome to the forum! :)

charlie 1 11-27-2012 06:14 PM

Hello GT turbo, welcome, does your name imply you are a motor racing fan?
I`m in Canada but origanly from another GT lol, Georgetown Guyana.
Regards

GMYukonon24s 11-28-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt turbo (Post 2090790)
I've had 3 spawns so far. The first 2 did quite well, sold off a few to friends but i really need some space to grow them out so i could sell them to my lfs.

That's great to hear about your luck with spawns

gt turbo 12-07-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie 1 (Post 2091041)
Hello GT turbo, welcome, does your name imply you are a motor racing fan?
I`m in Canada but origanly from another GT lol, Georgetown Guyana.
Regards

Very much so plus I drive a Gt Turbo Toyota Starlet, good to meet another Caribbean national on here.

Thanks Aquasafe and GMYukonon24s.

msjinkzd 12-07-2012 10:03 PM

hello!

gt turbo 12-11-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msjinkzd (Post 2102756)
hello!

lolololol.

Hello yourself, love the mohawk, btw.

VivaDaWolf 12-11-2012 10:31 PM

I visited barbados a few years ago, omg it was great :) Seeing all the marine fish while snorkeling was cool, but didn't get any freshwater fish experiences :) ...not that I was into the fish hobby yet!