The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Fertilizers and Water Parameters (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   So whats with rootmedic (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196995)

penpal 11-11-2012 09:55 PM

So whats with rootmedic
 
Not sure where to post this, but I placed an order two weeks ago, got the message the payment went through and since then nothing. I've tried emailing and pm'ing him and no response. Not sure where to go from here.

Is there a better way to get a hold of him?

:/

rockwood 11-11-2012 10:13 PM

With Rootmedic you just have to be patient. Justin lives up in South Dakota (if I remember correctly) and its fairly remote. The packages go through USPS and with a couple of my orders THEY were the hang up, just letting packages sit around.

To compound the problems Justin is usually extremely busy. I think he's an EMS and works really crazy hours. He'll get back to you and he'll do what he can to make it right, but patience is key.

Dave-H 11-12-2012 12:54 AM

It's not really a business, it's more of a hobby-business for him I think. So, good quality stuff and nice guy, but I don't think you can expect a constantly high level of service from him. I'm sure you'll get your stuff ASAP!

penpal 11-12-2012 01:23 AM

Far enough, I don't mind waiting. A little communication would be nice though, it's just kinda frustrating not knowing whats going on.

DogFish 11-12-2012 04:22 AM

USA / Canada mail is notoriously slow for no apparent reason. I've had packages get to me from Hong Kong faster than I got a package from Windsor at that's only an 8 hr drive from my home near Chicago.

Darkblade48 11-12-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFish (Post 2075753)
USA / Canada mail is notoriously slow for no apparent reason. I've had packages get to me from Hong Kong faster than I got a package from Windsor at that's only an 8 hr drive from my home near Chicago.

+1. I ordered things from Hong Kong and US on the same day, and my package from Hong Kong came first...in fact my package from the US is already 3 business days behind my Hong Kong package.

dropkick706 11-18-2012 10:23 PM

I ordered a package (ultimate kit worth $100) in mid September and still do not have it. There have been "issues" which I've been more than flexible in accomodating.

If I do not hear from him by Thanksgiving a fully detailed write up of my experience will be posted. There will be no lack of emotion...

jkan0228 11-18-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkick706 (Post 2082992)
I ordered a package (ultimate kit worth $100) in mid September and still do not have it. There have been "issues" which I've been more than flexible in accomodating.

If I do not hear from him by Thanksgiving a fully detailed write up of my experience will be posted. There will be no lack of emotion...

Vendor reviews aren't allowed here, good luck with your post not being deleted.

dropkick706 11-18-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkan0228 (Post 2082997)
Vendor reviews aren't allowed here, good luck with your post not being deleted.

Thanks for the info. I do not want to break any forum policies, but feel that potential customers should have an opportunity to hear buyer feedback.

I know you can leave a review on pTrader if you purchased something through this site, but I purchased through rootmedic's site. Can you suggest the appropriate place to inform others of my experience?

jkan0228 11-18-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkick706 (Post 2083020)
Thanks for the info. I do not want to break any forum policies, but feel that potential customers should have an opportunity to hear buyer feedback.

I know you can leave a review on pTrader if you purchased something through this site, but I purchased through rootmedic's site. Can you suggest the appropriate place to inform others of my experience?

Have you tried emailing him?

I've had some pretty good customer service from Justin and I don't see him as someone who would be called out and unanswered.

dropkick706 11-18-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkan0228 (Post 2083027)
Have you tried emailing him?

I've had some pretty good customer service from Justin and I don't see him as someone who would be called out and unanswered.

Yes, I've emailed him using his website's contact info and replying to his previous emails. I allow numerous days (usually over a week), before attempting to contact him again.

Without going into detail, I don't doubt what you say about his customer service. WHEN he has responded he has been very apologetic and offered to make things "right."

kalawai2000 11-18-2012 11:13 PM

He could be spending the Holiday with family.

penpal 11-20-2012 05:11 PM

So I got a response from him finally, from what he tells me is that some how his email and password was changed and he wasnt informed. Anyways he says he is working overtime to sort everything out. Hopefully i get my order soon.

HD Blazingwolf 11-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkick706 (Post 2083044)
Yes, I've emailed him using his website's contact info and replying to his previous emails. I allow numerous days (usually over a week), before attempting to contact him again.

Without going into detail, I don't doubt what you say about his customer service. WHEN he has responded he has been very apologetic and offered to make things "right."

about mid september he got some broken bones

give him some time :)

Tom Barr 11-21-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkick706 (Post 2083044)
Yes, I've emailed him using his website's contact info and replying to his previous emails. I allow numerous days (usually over a week), before attempting to contact him again.

Without going into detail, I don't doubt what you say about his customer service. WHEN he has responded he has been very apologetic and offered to make things "right."

I'd give some time, he's not the type of ignore etc, stuff happens and if you are one guy, go out hiking and fall, have a bone sticking out of your leg, well..........I know him enough to say he's be very happy to send and ship if he was around.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.