The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Planted Tank Discussion (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Miracle! (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196943)

kennchong94 11-11-2012 02:56 PM

Miracle!

So here's the story, I have just bought some half moon today from my local pet store due to the immobilizing outstanding look. Considering that my fish shouldn't be left in the car when my girlfriend and I go for her shopping, i went back home and placed those little creatures in a bowl, planning to acclimate them once i am back. I went out for about 2 hours and by the time i reached home, there was this stink smelling in the room and so i went to check and discovered that 2 of the fishes were outside lying beside the bowl. i thought they were dead but somehow i just dropped them back to the water, two of the floated and confirm the death news. Just when i thought of getting them out from the bowl, they started to turn around and moved again!!! I was so overthrown by joy that they actually survived! One of fish's body had turned dark colour which i believe is due to the lack of oxygen. But they look pretty healthy now in the tank, isn't this a miracle ? :D

hotrodprincess 11-11-2012 03:02 PM

that's amazing I am always worried about our betta jumping out. The girls like to take the lid off and look in from the top.

kennchong94 11-12-2012 12:37 AM

definitely, they love doing that but if something happen, they are never the first to volunteer to do something :D

SpecGrrl 11-12-2012 03:35 AM

Congrats on the miracle!

Please keep a lid on their tanks!

Also, were they in separate bowls?

Please keep them in individual bowls!

ua hua 11-12-2012 03:46 AM

I don't know about a miracle or just lucky. It probably helps that they have a labyrinth organ that allows them to take in oxygen from the atmosphere rather than just through their gills as other fish do.

RedseaReefer 11-12-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecGrrl (Post 2075708)
Congrats on the miracle!

Please keep a lid on their tanks!

Also, were they in separate bowls?

Please keep them in individual bowls!

*1 ^
Only one betta per container especially a bowl :) they don't play nice they play to the death x.x let's see the critters!!

kennchong94 11-12-2012 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
noo they are not betta, yea my tank has a lid on it, just didn't know they would 'fly' out from the bowl. Below is the picture of the fish, looks like goldfish to me though

kennchong94 11-12-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ua hua (Post 2075720)
I don't know about a miracle or just lucky. It probably helps that they have a labyrinth organ that allows them to take in oxygen from the atmosphere rather than just through their gills as other fish do.

not sure about that, can you make out of the name of the fish in the picture? look like goldfish to me

ua hua 11-12-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennchong94 (Post 2075847)
not sure about that, can you make out of the name of the fish in the picture? look like goldfish to me

It's hard to tell from the picture but if I had to guess I would say it's a platy.

acitydweller 11-12-2012 02:03 PM

nice save!