The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   paradise fish (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195701)

devilduck 10-30-2012 04:19 PM

paradise fish

Anyone know of a LFS in the Chicago area selling some?

rroginela 11-01-2012 05:29 AM

Hi,

Petland Aquarium Advanture in Bolingbrook had some last time i was there (Monday) may want to call ahead though just in case.

Rafal

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilduck (Post 2061970)
Anyone know of a LFS in the Chicago area selling some?

devilduck 11-01-2012 02:21 PM

Thanks Rafal! I'll give them call or drop by over the weekend.

TonyK 11-02-2012 08:41 PM

I had ordered mine from the LFS in Deerfield. He places orders on Tuesday. Tell him you want Paradise Fish and he will get them.

devilduck 11-05-2012 03:06 PM

Just an update for other people that might be interested. I went to Aquarium Adventure in Bolingbrook saturday morning. It was my first time there and its quite a large place with a nice selection of fish and a big selection of plants. On the downside for some reason there were about a million screaming kids running around the store.

They had black paradise fish in stock and a bought one. I also bought a dozen feeder fish for my turtle. By the time I got home, about 30 minutes. I took the feeder fish bag out and every single one of the minnows were dead! I have no idea how that could have happened. Thankfully the paradise fish was fine, but I'm out $1.50 for the feeders and I don't want to drive 30 minutes back to return the dead fishes.

In a turn of events I wound up having lunch with my wife in Andersonville and dropped into Chicago Aquarium there. They had a nicer selection of paradise fish and the owner was very friendly and helpful.

rroginela 11-06-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilduck (Post 2068173)
Just an update for other people that might be interested. I went to Aquarium Adventure in Bolingbrook saturday morning. It was my first time there and its quite a large place with a nice selection of fish and a big selection of plants. On the downside for some reason there were about a million screaming kids running around the store.

They had black paradise fish in stock and a bought one. I also bought a dozen feeder fish for my turtle. By the time I got home, about 30 minutes. I took the feeder fish bag out and every single one of the minnows were dead! I have no idea how that could have happened. Thankfully the paradise fish was fine, but I'm out $1.50 for the feeders and I don't want to drive 30 minutes back to return the dead fishes.

In a turn of events I wound up having lunch with my wife in Andersonville and dropped into Chicago Aquarium there. They had a nicer selection of paradise fish and the owner was very friendly and helpful.

Lol... They do birthday parties there to supplement income...

Too bad about your feeders maybe a bad place to buy them...

Will have to check them out but unfortunately I live about 5 minutes from AA.

Thanks for the review I'm sure it will help someone before making a trek out there.

Rafal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TonyK 11-08-2012 03:48 PM

Where is Chicago Aquarium? I was thinking of setting up a ten gallon and looking to put a Paradise in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilduck (Post 2068173)

devilduck 11-08-2012 04:15 PM

TonyK:

Chicago Aquarium
5040 N Clark St
(between Carmen Ave & Winnemac Ave)
Chicago, IL 60640