The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Plants (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Moss ID (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194964)

h4n 10-23-2012 12:42 PM

Moss ID
 
So,
I grow plently of different kinds of mosses and I can't seem to figure out what moss this is.

Doesn't looks like anything I grow. And it came in mixed with some other mosses I bought.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/23/e4u8a3yh.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/23/yty6yryr.jpg


-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

Rony11 10-23-2012 12:55 PM

I think its wirror moss. Check the leaf patter in the attached link.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?...e-wirror-moss/

Even I am a moss collector.
Just checked today have abt.20 types of mosses attached is a link wit a few of them.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I've collected till date Octodiceras fontanum (similar to fissidens), Amblystegiae Manaus(queen moss), Hanegoke Cameroon, Wirror moss, Lomariopsis lineata-round pellia, regular pellia, taiwan, peacock, fissidens fontanus, fissidens zippelianus, Tricho moss, weeping moss-2 types, willow, java moss, flame moss, christmas moss, pearl moss, star moss,worm moss.

I use this link even though its Russian but the moss names r in english+pictures.
http://www.mossmania.ru/plants/Ancho...ss/index1.html

phoenixkiller 10-23-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rony11 (Post 2053516)
I think its wirror moss. Check the leaf patter in the attached link.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?...e-wirror-moss/

Even I am a moss collector.
Just checked today have abt.20 types of mosses attached is a link wit a few of them.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I've collected till date Octodiceras fontanum (similar to fissidens), Amblystegiae Manaus(queen moss), Hanegoke Cameroon, Wirror moss, Lomariopsis lineata-round pellia, regular pellia, taiwan, peacock, fissidens fontanus, fissidens zippelianus, Tricho moss, weeping moss-2 types, willow, java moss, flame moss, christmas moss, pearl moss, star moss,worm moss.

I use this link even though its Russian but the moss names r in english+pictures.
http://www.mossmania.ru/plants/Ancho...ss/index1.html

I don't know myself, but I would like to say

Geez! You selling any bro? That's a lot of mosses.

You moss collectors are about to make a lot of money off me too lol.

Rony11 10-23-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixkiller (Post 2053559)
I don't know myself, but I would like to say

Geez! You selling any bro? That's a lot of mosses.

You moss collectors are about to make a lot of money off me too lol.

A correction its Sis :icon_redf I am a woman, wife, mom :smile:

Yes I'm a moss collector n yes its a serious collection. I have Riccardia chamedryfolia-coral moss forgot to mention and abt. to receive 5-6 species I dont own right now.

No I do not sell coz as I've mentioned I'm a collector its a hobby. There are a few serious hobbyists in Israel I exchange with. Its a barter system for mosses. Its not for money and believe me I know how much they are worth all around the world for serious hobbyists.

Also I'm out of US so u cannot buy plants from me coz they'll confiscate the shipment n u'll get a visit from the custom authorities.

h4n 10-23-2012 02:15 PM

hm... it does look like the leaf pattern in the link you shown.
very interesting!

fgunduz 10-23-2012 02:50 PM

if there is a alot of plants it must be sold or given as a gift. Because new aquarists need them. Maybe som of them dont have enough money or other conditions... The most beautiful thing is given gift...

herns 10-23-2012 07:37 PM

Hey "walmart guy", LOL!

Whats up han? I looks like Singapore Moss to me.


Quote:

Originally Posted by h4n (Post 2053507)
So,
I grow plently of different kinds of mosses and I can't seem to figure out what moss this is.

Doesn't looks like anything I grow. And it came in mixed with some other mosses I bought.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/23/e4u8a3yh.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/23/yty6yryr.jpg


-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"


h4n 10-23-2012 10:21 PM

Hahah Walmart guy.
It looks different from my Singapore moss I have.
Its also very "spiky" compared to other mosses.

Maybe spiky moss?

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

phoenixkiller 10-25-2012 01:51 PM

I have seen singapore many many times at my LFS and online. I don't think it's Singapore.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rony11 (Post 2053572)
A correction its Sis :icon_redf I am a woman, wife, mom :smile:

Yes I'm a moss collector n yes its a serious collection. I have Riccardia chamedryfolia-coral moss forgot to mention and abt. to receive 5-6 species I dont own right now.

No I do not sell coz as I've mentioned I'm a collector its a hobby. There are a few serious hobbyists in Israel I exchange with. Its a barter system for mosses. Its not for money and believe me I know how much they are worth all around the world for serious hobbyists.

Also I'm out of US so u cannot buy plants from me coz they'll confiscate the shipment n u'll get a visit from the custom authorities.

My mistake! Sorry, hard to tell M/F online lol!


Another mistake! Didn't see that you were in Israel. Can't order stuff from over there to over here.

h4n 10-29-2012 11:19 PM

Any one else? :)

Ebi 11-05-2012 03:01 PM

I think it's time to invest in a microscope Han ;)

h4n 11-05-2012 04:50 PM

I guess so, i got a bunch of this moss but cant sell it if I cant get a positive ID. :|


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.