The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Washington (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Anyone have any Scarlet Badis/Dario Dario for sale? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194635)

SeattleFishGuy 10-20-2012 08:23 PM

Anyone have any Scarlet Badis/Dario Dario for sale?

I'm looking for a pair of Scarlet Badis/Dario Dario... does anybody have them for sale or know of a LFS in the Seattle area who carries them?

I did call Denny's in Kirkland and The Fish Store in Seattle, Denny's has had them recently but not right now and The Fish Store usually doesn't have them. I know I can get them through members here but I would prefer not to ship unless I have to.

Cheers!

Seattle_Aquarist 10-21-2012 01:19 AM

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

You might try A Place for Pets in Burien; they carry a lot of the more unusual species. Ask for Kevin, he usually knows what is in stock since he does most of the ordering.

SeattleFishGuy 10-21-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist (Post 2050707)
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

You might try A Place for Pets in Burien; they carry a lot of the more unusual species. Ask for Kevin, he usually knows what is in stock since he does most of the ordering.

Thanks, I'll give them a call!

Seattle_Aquarist 10-22-2012 01:10 AM

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I went by A Place for Pets in Burien and they have juvie Badis badis / Scarlet Badis in stock.

SeattleFishGuy 10-22-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist (Post 2051825)
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I went by A Place for Pets in Burien and they have juvie Badis badis / Scarlet Badis in stock.

Thanks Roy, looks like I know where I'm going this week. Did you catch the price, or how many they had? Just curious...

Rob in Puyallup 10-22-2012 11:07 AM

I saw some at Midway Saturday. Unfortunately, the place has really gone down hill and not sure I'd recommend the place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy II using Tapatalk 2

Seattle_Aquarist 10-22-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy (Post 2052058)
Thanks Roy, looks like I know where I'm going this week. Did you catch the price, or how many they had? Just curious...

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I spotted at least 3 or so in the tank; sorry I didn't make note of the price. I would definitely suggest calling prior to making the drive to insure they are still available.

SeattleFishGuy 10-22-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist (Post 2052187)
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I spotted at least 3 or so in the tank; sorry I didn't make note of the price. I would definitely suggest calling prior to making the drive to insure they are still available.

Thanks Roy, there were quite a few left (most were hiding) and they were $5 which is a good price too! I picked up two, one of them had very dull coloring and so i'm hoping that's a female but only time will tell.

I'll post a picture when they come out from hiding!

SeattleFishGuy 10-23-2012 02:36 AM

Here are the Dario Dario in my tank tonight. The store said they had them about 10 days or so and they are feeding them flakes, which I was surprised at but we'll see what happens I will feed them flakes, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. See what they take too...

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps9b8e5edc.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps7569183f.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps2032e2a8.jpg

Couldn't get a picture of them together as they are trying to figure out who owns what part of the tank. Also i'm going to pull my three RCS from this tank as they will be bait soon as these little guys grow to full size.

Couesfanatic 10-23-2012 04:37 AM

looks like all males to me. love these little fish though.

Seattle_Aquarist 10-23-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy (Post 2053068)
Here are the Dario Dario in my tank tonight. The store said they had them about 10 days or so and they are feeding them flakes, which I was surprised at but we'll see what happens I will feed them flakes, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. See what they take too...

Couldn't get a picture of them together as they are trying to figure out who owns what part of the tank. Also i'm going to pull my three RCS from this tank as they will be bait soon as these little guys grow to full size.

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

When I kept them they would eat flakes (reluctantly) but enjoyed live food a lot, including the White Worms (Enchytraeus albidus) I raise. When they were small like the ones at APFP they could only eat the smaller sized worms. A few GSAS members raise Grindal Worms and daphnia which might be better choices for the size you picked up. Sierra Fish and Pets in Renton brings in live Brine Shrimp every two weeks, call and find out when the next shipment comes in if interested.

SeattleFishGuy 10-23-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couesfanatic (Post 2053293)
looks like all males to me. love these little fish though.

You could be right, however I'm not confident I even got a pic of both of them seperatley yet as they are hiding, darting all over and were camera shy, ill try and post a pic of them together if i can. One is much duller in color than the other so i was hoping for a female but I do know most LFS only carry or get males as they look much nicer.

Seattle_Aquarist 10-23-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy (Post 2053661)
You could be right, however I'm not confident I even got a pic of both of them seperatley yet as they are hiding, darting all over and were camera shy, ill try and post a pic of them together if i can. One is much duller in color than the other so i was hoping for a female but I do know most LFS only carry or get males as they look much nicer.

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

It took several months before I was able to differentiate between the males and females in my group of five.

SeattleFishGuy 10-23-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist (Post 2053679)
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

It took several months before I was able to differentiate between the males and females in my group of five.

Thanks Roy, I told Kevin you sent me! Nice guy and a great collection, more than I expected. And it was nice to get a GSAS discount too. I did ask if they had any live microworm cultures but they were out.

Seattle_Aquarist 10-23-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy (Post 2053695)
Thanks Roy, I told Kevin you sent me! Nice guy and a great collection, more than I expected. And it was nice to get a GSAS discount too. I did ask if they had any live microworm cultures but they were out.

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

Throw a post up on 'airstone' several members do microworms; only few do Grindal worms. If you have trouble finding either let me know and maybe I can help.

-Roy