The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tank Journals (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My 3 feet of heaven (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=192442)

boxhead1990 09-30-2012 01:06 PM

My 3 feet of heaven

1 Attachment(s)
12 3w cool white leds, cascade 1200 and 2 other 600lph power filters a 400lph power filter running my reactor, 150w heater, diy c02 (yeast), mts soil with black gravel cap( bit of clay dolomite and kno3 mixed in aswell

Livestock

Bunch of tetra's bunch of cherry shrimp, 3 common pleco's

Plants

Hc, rotala, java fern, java moss, anubias nana, wysteria, ludwigia, crypts(one is getting pretty huge haha)

And I think thats about it

Future plans include going pressurised with c02 and a inline reactor for the c02 to get rid of bottle reactor

And maybe another few led's and painting the frame black and making a base surpund thats also black for around the base of the tank

So watta ya reckon?

Im happy with it as it sits so far
Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

nerdariostomp 09-30-2012 01:28 PM

Not sure how any baby shrimplets would do w the tankmates but that's a very nice scape you have. That branch is pretty sweet as well.

EnigmaticGuppy92 09-30-2012 02:04 PM

like the tank and the scape maybe a black background will make focal point pop out more nice job

boxhead1990 10-01-2012 06:48 AM

oh i gave the angels to my mum as she said she liked them lol and i wanted the shrimp more

and thats what i was thinking with the background make all the plants and fish stand out more

and i got the driftwood off ebay was pricey but worth it as the local wood around here doesnt like sinking for some reason and makes the tank look crap

GMYukonon24s 10-01-2012 01:13 PM

That's a interesting piece of wood

boxhead1990 10-01-2012 01:56 PM

Will be better once its over grown with java moss java fern and anubias around the base ;)

Anyone have any tips for when it goes pressurised be getting the rest of what I need(bottle, inline reactor, drop checker,API ph test kit)???

NWA-Planted 10-01-2012 02:03 PM

Only two recommendations I have...

On the scape you need to create some dynamics in the substrate such as sloped up in one corner to the front. A little character there can make a huge impact, learned that myself after several tries lol.

On the co2 don't skimp, now you don't need to go by Ada equipment and really drop money. But get good solid equipment to start with and its a good chance it will out live your hobby. Also less headaches and I highly recommend a 2 stage regulator

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

boxhead1990 10-02-2012 12:26 AM

Iv got a 2 stage red needle valve and buble counter with solenoid already haha

And il have to add substrate to do the corner raised idea

Otherwhise il end up with dirt everywhere again(substrate is a bit thin in places I think)

boxhead1990 10-02-2012 12:28 AM

I migjt get my part for my 305 and a fresh o ring and run that with the cascade instead of having the extra internals aswell

NWA-Planted 10-03-2012 09:43 PM

Get'r done!

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

boxhead1990 10-04-2012 01:34 AM

Haha. Just waiting on a few pieces il get the bottle next week and set up reactor this weekend going with a cerges style one

Sent from my ST25a

Zuni 10-04-2012 01:42 AM

I like it, Its very natural.
Like if you were swimming in a creek, you would see this scene underwater.
The plastic bottle also adds to that effect. :icon_wink

boxhead1990 10-04-2012 06:39 AM

Haha it does indeed its not staying tho so its all good

Sent from my ST25a

boxhead1990 10-05-2012 02:14 AM

I bought lilypipes :rolleyes:
Just waiting for them my drop checkers and dry ferts

I dint think il need to add extra iron to thr mix as my soil would be adding tons of it seemings aussie soil lol

boxhead1990 10-11-2012 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okay so i have a update

added: 5 rummynose tetra's(yes i really like tetra's i must be getting close to having atleast one of every tetra thats available in brisbane haha)

also a bunch of baby's tears and a bunch of Pogostemon Stellata

my lilypipes also showed up today but the pipe that takes the water out of the tank was broken unfortunatly the other one was fine and i put it to use straight away :P

anyways heres a photo to show how its going since i first started this journal ,

also i forgot to mention i went pressurised c02 yesterday with a cerges style reactor (works really well) cant remember what brand reg and solenoid and that i used it was a kit of ebay i bought ages ago but im still waiting on my drop checkers to arrive so i have am running it at about 1 bubble every few seconds to be safe(less the my diy yeast set up that was doing almost a buble a second haha)
enjoy!