The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Going on vacation (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1897)

GulfCoastAquarian 07-18-2003 06:15 PM

Hey guys, I'm going to Florida next week (Kissimmee/St. Cloud area) so I won't be around here for a while. I might be visiting a Fish Breeder in Lakeland, which I'm stoked about. I've never seen a domestic Fish Breeding operation.

Be back in ten days!

m.lemay 07-18-2003 07:09 PM

Fish breeder :D Let us know all about it when you get back. Have a good time!!

Marcel

GDominy 07-18-2003 07:58 PM

Have fun while you're away!

KyleT 07-18-2003 08:09 PM

Have a great time Sam! If you do end up visiting the fish breeder make sure to take lots and lots of pictures!

Kyle

SNPiccolo5 07-19-2003 03:28 AM

Have a good time, I went to Kissimmee during the last 2 weeks of June! Make sure to have some fun!

-Tim

aquaverde 07-20-2003 01:36 AM

Enjoy!

/joke
OK, all lighting questions on hold for 10 days :wink:
/joke off

James

GulfCoastAquarian 07-28-2003 01:48 PM

I'm back! Didn't get to visit the fish hatchery in Lakeland, but I did a lot of what I do best - nothing. Just lounged around the pool most of the time or grilled some barbeque with the family.
The tank looks like a jungle after a complete week without attention. The fish are fine, just a bit hungry. Initial head count seems to show everyone's still there. I took a pic of the tank in its overgrown state, though. I'll post it tomorrow. You guys have got to see it, haha. It's a mess.

aquaverde 07-28-2003 04:45 PM

Shouldn't be a problem...just crank up the pruning chain saw and brrrrrrpppsplash!
:wink:

GulfCoastAquarian 07-28-2003 05:01 PM

What to do with the clippings, though? I might take a trip to my LFS. I've never talked to them about buying my clippings, but maybe I can get some store credit. There's going to be a ton of Sunset Hygro, Baby Tears and Ludwigia.

KyleT 07-28-2003 06:05 PM

Welcome back Sam! Glad you enjoyed your time off!

Kyle

aquaverde 07-28-2003 06:39 PM

My feeling is, store credit is better than the trash can. Plus, it cures that bad feeling you get throwing them away.

James

GulfCoastAquarian 07-29-2003 02:47 PM

Here's a pic of the jungle. I pruned last night and have got a bucket full of Sunset Hygro, Rotala Indica and Baby Tears that I'm going to bring to the LFS tonight.

KyleT 07-29-2003 03:05 PM

Your Tank looks really, really good Sam. Although I personally like tanks a little more overgrown than most people would. The tank looks really good as it is!

Kyle

GulfCoastAquarian 07-29-2003 04:22 PM

Thanks, man. Sometimes Jungle tanks are my favorite, too. I guess if the Sunset Hygro wasn't so tall that it was cluttered around the top, it would look better.
That open patch of gravel just left of center is where I am trying to grow some glosso, so I had to clear a way for light to get down there. I've finally got my fert regimen down pat, so things are starting to look a lot better than they have been. And the BBH algae is almost completely gone, thanks to the diligent efforts of my ten SAE soldiers!

aquaverde 07-29-2003 04:39 PM

I love the tank. Glad to hear the SAEs are earning their keep.

BTW, what is BBH algae?

James