The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ahquatics.com (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   I need long precise tweezers...do you have any? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185261)

hedge_fund 07-28-2012 11:18 PM

I need long precise tweezers...do you have any?
 
Occasionally I'll see a thread of algae in my moss tank so I need something to remove it. I need a pretty precise tweezer or pinsettas (no idea on the difference between these two)....need them to be more than 12 inches long. Anything like this available?

thanks.

A Hill 08-03-2012 12:13 PM

I have a pair of 24 inch long forceps with round tips.

They're sorta precise?

I'm not a fan I like the needle precision but my dad likes using them to stay dry while messing with the tanks.

What is your goal with the tool?

Longer slim tools are tough to get.

-Andrew

hedge_fund 08-03-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Hill (Post 1966457)
I have a pair of 24 inch long forceps with round tips.

They're sorta precise?

I'm not a fan I like the needle precision but my dad likes using them to stay dry while messing with the tanks.

What is your goal with the tool?

Longer slim tools are tough to get.

-Andrew

Occasionally I'll find thread algae on my moss so I like to pluck it. I have some cheap 24 inch tweezers and sometimes it takes me 10 tries to grab the hair alage on my moss. I would like something that is very precise and longer than 15 inches.

A Hill 08-03-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge_fund (Post 1966500)
Occasionally I'll find thread algae on my moss so I like to pluck it. I have some cheap 24 inch tweezers and sometimes it takes me 10 tries to grab the hair alage on my moss. I would like something that is very precise and longer than 15 inches.

My long pinsettes are about what you want but a few inches too short.

Would you consider getting your hands wet?

-Andrew

hedge_fund 08-04-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Hill (Post 1966535)
My long pinsettes are about what you want but a few inches too short.

Would you consider getting your hands wet?

-Andrew

Yeah that's the whole point of getting longer pinsettes since I hate sticking my hands in the tank. I'm not in a rush but hit me up if there is something in the works...even in a few months.

A Hill 08-05-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge_fund (Post 1967566)
Yeah that's the whole point of getting longer pinsettes since I hate sticking my hands in the tank. I'm not in a rush but hit me up if there is something in the works...even in a few months.

I could special order some but they wouldn't be cheap if they're just for you. I'll look into it though even at $30-$50 there may be a market for them since no one has anything like we are talking about.

Thanks for asking.

-Andrew

hedge_fund 08-06-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Hill (Post 1968392)
I could special order some but they wouldn't be cheap if they're just for you. I'll look into it though even at $30-$50 there may be a market for them since no one has anything like we are talking about.

Thanks for asking.

-Andrew

Cool, let me know what you find.

thanks.

Trail_Mix 11-13-2012 12:16 AM

I've got a solution to your algae problem... amano shrimp and nerite snails! hahaha, just kidding, I would actually like to acquire some precise tweezers myself, but I can't afford to shell out the cash right now :icon_sad:

hedge_fund 11-13-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail_Mix (Post 2076642)
I've got a solution to your algae problem... amano shrimp and nerite snails! hahaha, just kidding, I would actually like to acquire some precise tweezers myself, but I can't afford to shell out the cash right now :icon_sad:

I actually no longer have hair algae....amano shrimp and some floating plants solved it all.

Trail_Mix 11-13-2012 11:54 PM

Congrats!

Raymond S. 11-13-2013 04:23 PM

Seller advantsino has 15" ones on the Bay for $15.
Really you can just put tweezers into their search and then click aquarium supplies.
That is where I get tweezers/scissors from...just shop and don't jump on the first ones you see.
I have a set of one each 10" tweezers and 10" scissors at each tank and one 15" tweezers but use the 15" tweezers most.

P.S. If you look for them on there you can find them at 24" long.
Pinsettas are just a finer type point on them.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.