The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Alabama (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is anyone out there ... out there ... out there??? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185000)

wacky 07-26-2012 01:48 PM

Is anyone out there ... out there ... out there???

I joined the forum because there was an Alabama section .... but after 2 months there is no recent post ... I realize I am at fault also ... but is there anyone out there that is doing anything with their aquariums .... I really would like to get to know fellow aquatic friends and maybe meet and see what each other is doing in the hobby ..... I am in Anniston in Northeast Alabama but would love to meet somewhere centrally and swap ideas, aquatic livestock, and plants ..... let me know where you guys and gals are from and if you are interested in a meeting!!! I am going to make a commitment to post at least once a week on the Alabama forum section ... lets share our ideas .... Thanks, J.D.

sunyang730 07-26-2012 01:49 PM

LOL We can still share if we are not alabama right? LOL

acitydweller 07-26-2012 01:51 PM

*crickets*

kamikazi 07-26-2012 03:04 PM

This might interest you
Alabama Clubs
But just looking, it looks like most of the clubs in Alabama are reef clubs.

wacky 07-26-2012 08:11 PM

Yes.....

Yes anyone can share ..... I was trying to get some Alabama folks to pulling together and maybe forming a club and or just to get together maybe once or twice a year .... if and when we do get together ..... we welcome one and all especially New Yorkers .... I love New York City, Buffalo @ the falls, and the Adirondack Mt .... all are beautiful as are must of the New Yorkers I have meet!!!

By the way someone else sent me that list .... but thanks so much .... the only one near me about 70 miles Barron the guys info is out of the hobby now ..... but I will keep on keepin' on ..... I am in the hobby for the long haul ....Kamikazi thanks again!!!

LeslieS 08-04-2012 07:09 PM

From Southeast

Well, I am a Bama native and I tried out this forum once before but nobody was posting anything when I looked either. I'm in the southeast. I am just starting up a planted tank, so I have nothing actually going at the moment, but I'd love to chat with someone/share pics from home about their setups.

wacky 08-05-2012 10:42 PM

Great

Yes Leslie ...... I am wanting to meet others that have a love for aquatic life in Alabama ..... I am in Anniston in northeast Alabama ..... hoping to get others excited about maybe forming a club ..... thanks for responding!!!

dougolasjr 08-10-2012 03:27 PM

<------Shrimp Keeper in Birmingham.

Doug

bighollywood 08-10-2012 09:44 PM

Cullman alabama here

wacky 08-12-2012 01:03 AM

Thanks for responding ....... Doug what kind of shrimp do you keep?

SemperFish 08-13-2012 02:24 AM

I'm in Calera, I kinda took a break from the forum however I'm still keeping my tank up. It needs a water change and trimming though!!

wacky 08-13-2012 05:50 PM

Cool

Yes water changes and a good snip of the plants are good for the aquarium .....

SemperFish 08-15-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacky (Post 1977203)
Yes water changes and a good snip of the plants are good for the aquarium .....

Indeed, however I used to do weekly maintenance, water changes, ferts, ect. However after neglecting it for awhile the plant growth seemed to take off.

dougolasjr 08-22-2012 01:45 PM

I have RCS right now. I plan on getting another Neo variety, and maybe some thai micro crabs for a tank that is cycling. I am waiting for temps to maybe drop a bit more. I just got another 20L and it has marbled crays in it for the time being.

Williak 08-22-2012 04:38 PM

Down for this! Located in Auburn, AL.