The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Sales forum messed up? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184160)

Aheartlessfish 07-19-2012 05:36 PM

Sales forum messed up?

Hey guys just wondering whats going on in the sales forum...i cant see any new postings...but when i do i cant post anything or i see that theres a "0" to the replies...

something going on here?

Noahma 07-19-2012 07:52 PM

The format has been changed in there, check out the board changes and suggestions sub forum for more info

Aheartlessfish 07-20-2012 11:15 AM

ahhs i just got a reply saying it changed...i dont like change...

sunyang730 07-20-2012 11:46 AM

I have to say, I like the old one better. Now, I can't see the updates. I want to know what my sellers are selling! ARH

Aheartlessfish 07-21-2012 06:25 AM

haha its very discouraging actually...

im assuming your gona have to PM with any questions...makes it more complicated for the seller.

acitydweller 07-21-2012 07:12 AM

Not really a problem. Updates would appear directly in the op.

I think every one was getting a bit tired of all the off topic bumps which really had nothing todo with the sales themselves. Honestly, I like reading what the op has to post, and not have to read through all the nonsense from everyone else.

If you don't like the new sns format, let the mods know. If you have something specific to raise regarding a sns offering, pm the seller. Couldn't be more obvious thuan that. I find it's a step in the right direction.

Aheartlessfish 07-29-2012 10:36 PM

Meh I find that other peoples post are usually interesting and often answer Faq's. But I guess its all personal preference.

I agree sometime useless bumps are annoying

Fishies_in_Philly 08-02-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aheartlessfish (Post 1961272)
Meh I find that other peoples post are usually interesting and often answer Faq's. But I guess its all personal preference.

I agree sometime useless bumps are annoying

I agree. This new format makes it much less personable. People are prone to chat, why not let them chat? If i just want to place an order, i'll visit gla or the like.

jkan0228 08-02-2012 07:20 PM

Chatting causes bumping of threads which causes other more "silent" threads to be bumped off the first few pages. This causes people to complain....

You can still edit your OP for 10 days then your OP is locked and you can't edit anymore. Besides, what's a few extra PM's gonna do to you?...

Fishies_in_Philly 08-02-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkan0228 (Post 1965665)
Chatting causes bumping of threads which causes other more "silent" threads to be bumped off the first few pages. This causes people to complain....

You can still edit your OP for 10 days then your OP is locked and you can't edit anymore. Besides, what's a few extra PM's gonna do to you?...

People are going to complain no matter what. I know that i, personally, haven't even bothered with the sns since it's change.
And few extra pm's are no biggie if you have nothing better to do than this, but for those of us who work multiple jobs or who are just very busy, it can be a huge headache.

jkan0228 08-02-2012 07:27 PM

Well apparently enough people complained long enough to convince the mods/Kyle to make the change.

For those to are busier than the rest of us on this forum generally wouldn't keep many tanks in the first place, thus lowering their presence in the SnS, lowering the amount of PM's they'd get from sales.