The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   red cherry shrimp? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181282)

Vermino 06-26-2012 04:36 AM

red cherry shrimp?

before i buy from online store, seeing if someone has 12 red cherry shrimp for sale in las vegas or know of a store that sells them?

$20 (will drive to pick up)

Geniusdudekiran 06-26-2012 04:44 AM

For that price range, you can get 10 Painted Fire Reds (selectively bred super red RCS) from Jimko for just $18, shipping included.

Jimko's PFR are the highest quality I've come across and he's a great guy to deal with!

Vermino 06-26-2012 04:55 AM

yeah ill have to check him out. I just see shipping charges huge to keep DOA minimal.

TeteRouge 07-22-2012 03:06 AM

How did things work out? any luck locally? :) I'm looking as well, leery of shipping when its this hot. I'd rather purchase from local hobbyist/breeder if possible..

combswillie 07-23-2012 11:45 PM

Hey guys. I do have some berried RCS that are going to pop soon...hopefully. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I wouldn't mind getting rid of some later down the road.

TeteRouge 07-24-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combswillie (Post 1954442)
Hey guys. I do have some berried RCS that are going to pop soon...hopefully. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I wouldn't mind getting rid of some later down the road.

Great! Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your shrimp mamas ;)

Vermino 07-25-2012 02:08 AM

well idk if i can have infants (i now have a betta in the tank) but if they are mature, I would love to RAOK or buy. Good luck on the newborns (cant wait to adventure into this one day)

combswillie 07-26-2012 07:48 PM

I just took this video of one of my berried RCS. Excuse the mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnIj-FWS6ms

combswillie 07-31-2012 06:19 PM

We have shrimplets!

TeteRouge 07-31-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combswillie (Post 1963165)
We have shrimplets!

All right! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Vermino 07-31-2012 10:30 PM

congrats - would love to get some after i get back from Idaho (probably gonna be a month haha)

ddrfreak_tung 08-01-2012 11:37 AM

i have a few in my horribly algaed tank, but im on vacation as well. once i get back in the country and after i clean up my tank, i should get a few breeding. you can have them if you havent gotten any for free

TeteRouge 08-01-2012 05:42 PM

Looks like you and combswillie may have a couple of takers :D. I'm looking to buy or RAOK here in LV as well, just waiting for my tank parameters to settle down... So after Vermino gets his choice, count me in, too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrfreak_tung (Post 1964048)
i have a few in my horribly algaed tank, but im on vacation as well. once i get back in the country and after i clean up my tank, i should get a few breeding. you can have them if you havent gotten any for free

P.S. I don't mean to hijack, just keep the thread going and say "me, too!"

Vermino 08-02-2012 04:14 AM

I just want to make sure my Betta does alright with (adult) shrimp. If not, that's means I'm investing into a 12 gallon long and play with red cherry. Yeah, personally don't want to pay like $40-50 on shipping for livestock. I just did that with plants from AZgardens and that was BRUTAL (baby tears, DHG, flame moss, and some other plant which was supposed to be dwarf saggiterias)

It's just sad we dont have a very active community here in vegas. I would love to get into the shrimp hobby (get some CRS's one day) but who knows if I could be like Priapus or the Reaper :icon_twis

ddrfreak_tung 08-02-2012 05:13 AM

yes, i would've loved to find some buddies when my tank was thriving. it got a little out of hand when i relocated 7 times within the year lol. but we should all have a get together monthly once everyone knows one another. we could trade plants and shrimps ect.

i had a betta with my shrimps and let me tell you now, he will harrass the shrimp to no end. especially during feeding time. after placing my betta into the tank, the shrimp went into hiding most of the time. i had a colony of about 150+ in my 20 gal and i saw around 20 out in the open. i would suggest finding a small home for your betta =).