The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Crystal Black Shrimp (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178381)

larryvt 05-31-2012 06:48 PM

Crystal Black Shrimp

I need to reduce the variety of shrimp so the CBS must go. I have about 4 or 5, and now also babies grade A/S. These are adult or almost adult and I would prefer not shipping if someone near Austin is interested. Could also include some CRS.
If anyone is interested lets work up a deal.

NWA-Planted 05-31-2012 07:18 PM

So close yet so far, swinging through Arkansas anytime soon? lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

thechibi 05-31-2012 09:37 PM

Ooh. What kind of parameters do you have in your tank? :O I might be able to bribe an austinite.

larryvt 06-01-2012 02:05 AM

Water Parameters

The water TDS is about 160, kh 0-1, gh 5-6 and the ph is about 6.8. The temp is at room temp.

Mike Hawk 06-01-2012 03:21 AM

would you accept some Eriocaulon parkeri as a trade for the shrimp? they sell from 7-11$ each. They are a great plant and are the only Eriocaulon sp. that does not need Co2 to live, they can live in medium light, root fertilizers are a plus as they are heavy rooters. I also have one downoi plant and a few stems of ludwigia sp. red plant if your interested but those do like high light, co2 and fertilizers. I live in central austin so i can get to all of austin. Let me know if you want to trade and how many plants you want i have a few. My Crystal got some hydra a few weeks ago from a plant seller and i lost a good bit of my stock so this would be great. Anyways let me know if you want to trade Thanks, take care.

Edit: here is a list of plants i got up for trade and my value on them. the prices are on the very cheap side, I paid over 25% more for them ea.

Ludwigia repons 5 stems .75$ ea, I paid 1$ea
ludwigia sp. red "hybrid" 3 stems 2$ ea, I paid 3$ea
erio parkeri 2 plants 8$ ea, I paid 11$ ea
Downoi 1 plant ROOTED 7$, I paid 10$ ea
water sprite 1 big bush 10" tall 3$ Cant remember what i paid
stargrass 5 stems .50$ ea, I paid 1$ ea

I don't know how much you value your CBS & CRS at but this is just a ruff guide on what i value the plants at. let me know what you want and maybe we can work up a deal. Thanks.

thechibi 06-01-2012 03:52 AM

Curses! :P Hehe, no worries. Poor crystals. :( Maybe you need them more than I do. I'll wait, I think.

Mike Hawk 06-01-2012 04:01 AM

yea it took 8 days for the fenbendazole to come in the mail, in those 8 days i lost over 50% of my crystals. leaving me with 2 CBS and 8 CRS, it was a sad week.

thechibi 06-01-2012 06:12 AM

Poor lil guys. :( Well. All yours. I totally understand how sad that is.

Mike Hawk 06-01-2012 12:34 PM

Thanks chibi, on a side note i can include photos of the plants if you like.

dunehole 06-01-2012 01:58 PM

If you have any left after your trade, I would take some as well.

larryvt 06-01-2012 09:58 PM

I have a few tanks (3-10's and a 20) with shrimp and they are pretty much loaded with plants. After looking around, I don't know what I would do with another plant. The shrimp seem to like moss as well as anything.
It looks like I have 5-6 mature CBS and at least as many CRS that I would like to cull. Not sure how to post pics but I will try tomorrow. These shrimp are a minimum grade A/S and I would like to get $3 ea. I think I could ship for about $8.

Mike Hawk 06-02-2012 06:01 AM

Alright, good luck with the sale man, take care.

Edit: I have 4 erio parkeri's if you change your mind.

MikeWalker 06-03-2012 11:07 PM

what part of town are you in?

sonictitan 08-15-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryvt (Post 1884460)
I need to reduce the variety of shrimp so the CBS must go. I have about 4 or 5, and now also babies grade A/S. These are adult or almost adult and I would prefer not shipping if someone near Austin is interested. Could also include some CRS.
If anyone is interested lets work up a deal.

I am interested in the CBS if you still have them, and I live in austin proper. Let me know if you would like to meet!