The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ahquatics.com (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Rumford Aquatics Team Awesome interns announced! (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173141)

A Hill 04-17-2012 02:29 AM

Rumford Aquatics Team Awesome interns announced!

So a while back I posted looking for interns. Well now I have two of the best young aquarists on here on the team.

Here is a little bit about them.

Hi all, my name is Dylan, Iím one of the new interns for Rumford Aquatics. I have had fish tanks all my life, when I was seven my parents let me take care of my own tank. Ever since then Iíve researched heavily into fish. I have about seven years of fish keeping under my belt. Iíve kept planted and non planted tanks as well as a couple reef tanks. This year Iíve really gotten into TPT and planted tanks. Iím very lucky to land this internship and canít wait to get started.

And Caton decided to be a bit long winded... Since I said they could introduce themselves however they wanted to he has his whole life story if you're interested!

Story of my life.

My life has been hectic, crazy, and unpredictable. When I was born, my parents were shocked. The doctors had said a month before, that I was going to be a girl. 95% chance, they said.

When I was four, we moved to the Alaskan tundra, 100 miles south of the Arctic Circle, the village of 500 we lived in was fly-in only, there were only 3 species of plant. They were dead most the year. This village, didnít take kindly to outsiders. My father was a teacher, and my mother was a speech therapist. The teacher before my father, was speared and killed. After 6 months of living there, the school district couldnít guarantee our safety. We were planning on living up there indefinitely, but things change.

Fast forward two years, and we decided we wanted to have a farm or ranch, live in the country, and build our own house. We decided to see that if our house sold, we would do it. So we listed our house and two weeks later, it sold. My Father still had a contact with the school he was teaching at, so we needed to stay for 2 months. From April to August, we camped, looking for a house. Yup, thatís right, camped for 5 months in a tent

My father finally found a job in Brewster, WA. When he got the call that he got the job, his first question was: ďWhereís Brewster?Ē

We found a nice house that was in poor shape, and we got to work starting to clean the place up. In the midst of all the shrubs, junk, and other things, we found a car, a corpse of a cow (or two), refrigerators, stoves, and numerous other things. A year later we had goats, chickens, and other animals.

Fast forward another six or seven years, our family decides that we need to move. Hawaii we decided. We have a friend there, they needed us, thought we had a job lined up, and everything. We were about a week from buying the tickets, but some things happened, and we decided not to do move there. However, we knew that we needed to move.

Fast forward another year. Five weeks ago. We talk to somebody near Fresno, CA. We went there last week and decided that its perfect. The family there is starting a co-op vegetable farm, and family camp. We are moving there this June/July, going to live in a tent (Yurt) and going to help this family get it started. Hopefully there I can build my own greenhouse and jumpstart my own plant business. It wonít be producing that much income the first years, but since I am still a teen, that is fine. It would just set-up a job and experience for me later in life.

Thatís about it. Loads more. Heck, the people and Brewster now think we are crazy, since we donít Ďconformí to the normal lifestyle.

So welcome to the team guys! It shall be a fun time:hihi:

-Andrew

akdylpickles 04-17-2012 02:53 AM

BTW my screen name is akdylpickles

-Dylan :)

A Hill 04-17-2012 03:21 AM

Ah, I wanted them to have to figure it out on their own :hihi:

I hoped to create some suspense or something...

-Andrew

Da Plant Man 04-17-2012 04:20 AM

You said life story! 5 pages, 2 font. i thought I was short! I can give the cut and dry method if you'd like.

Homeschool'd. 15 years old. Likes aquatic plants and fish.

Yes?

A Hill 04-17-2012 05:10 AM

Ah, Sarcasm and internet...

Its all good!

-Andrew