The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Any stores near Gilbert? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171046)

nanette37 03-30-2012 11:12 PM

Any stores near Gilbert?

I've been searching for a while but cannot find any stores in my area or anywhere relatively close. I used to go to Pets Inc, but they have been closed for a while. I'd like to go somewhere besides petco and petsmart. can anyone help? thanks

Centromochlus 03-30-2012 11:20 PM

Don't know of any in Gilbert specifically, but Aquatouch is a great store, though i'm biased. :) I work there on the weekends. 32nd and Cactus. Drop by sometime and say hello!

nanette37 03-30-2012 11:21 PM

I looked that store up but it is almost 40 miles from me :icon_frow

slowgrower 03-31-2012 03:50 AM

Have you been to Aquarium Arts? More of a reef aquarium store but I've bought some descent plants from here in the past. Aquatouch is a nice store but it's a hike for us folks on the south side.

Aquarium Arts
1810 W Baseline Rd # 1, Mesa, AZ 85202

nanette37 03-31-2012 07:38 PM

Thanks, i'll look into that store and see what they've got :icon_smil

Couesfanatic 04-02-2012 12:06 AM

If you ever get close to that area, you should check out Aquatouch. Aquarium Arts is ok, but Aquatouch is a work of art.

nanette37 04-03-2012 02:23 AM

hopefully I will get a chance someday! I saw pics of it, and it looks like a really cool store

buckmaster96 09-28-2012 07:50 PM

the pet shop az its right by power square and china city resturaunt right across the street from a petco

Knotyoureality 09-28-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckmaster96 (Post 2026018)
the pet shop az its right by power square and china city resturaunt right across the street from a petco

2235 S Power Rd to be exact. :)

Run by folks that used to work at PetsInc. It's a small shop but healthy stock, hit and miss on what they'll have at any given point as they're still finding good vendors and fine-tuning what they offer. Prices on par with major on-line vendors but without the shipping.

causemisahastheeyes 10-01-2012 12:47 AM

I hope the Pet Shop has done better with stock; last time I was there they had Petsmart fish and a sole L200 priced at $100.

Nanette, what kind of fish are you looking for? The planted tank club meets around the valley once a month, and the killifish club meets monthly in Tempe.

Brian_Cali77 10-01-2012 11:24 AM

Whats up guys.. Luckily i live close to Aquatouch and my parents live close to The Pet Shop in E. Mesa.. I think the Pet Shop has more than what you'd find at Petsmart. I mean, i agree they have some fine tuning to do but they still got some good finds. For instance, they have galaxy rasboras, Indian dwarf puffers, bb gobies, and chili rasboras (among other stock last time i was there). They've also stepped it up in the flora department... Got a nice pot of HC and Flame Moss from them recently. Aquatouch is still a notch up IMO, but the Pet Shop is worth stopping by if you're near by. One more thing, one of the owners, Vanessa, is super nice and she offered to take requests from me for certain fauna they didn't have in stock.. That's some pretty good customer service!