The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/)
-   Southern Oak Aquatics (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/146-southern-oak-aquatics/)
-   -   Global Pet Expo (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/146-southern-oak-aquatics/167267-global-pet-expo.html)

darkestsky 02-29-2012 01:55 PM

Global Pet Expo

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know there may be a brief shipping delay in the next couple of days as we attend the Global Pet Expo in Orlando. Thanks for your understanding!

darkestsky 03-02-2012 06:50 PM

Just got back into town. The expo was awesome and I hope to have some of the things I saw there available soon :)

Sorry for the slow responses and slight shipping delays while we were out of town.

ZID ZULANDER 03-06-2012 05:06 PM

we should have hooked up. I was at the show as well....

darkestsky 03-06-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZID ZULANDER (Post 1760185)
we should have hooked up. I was at the show as well....

Totally. That's quite a trip for you. Were you there with a vendor?

ZID ZULANDER 03-06-2012 06:49 PM

The company that I work for represents a number of companies in the pet trade. I go to that show every year along with a few others.

I currently work for the following companies that have aquatic products

Danner ( makers of the mag drive pumps )
Gulf Stream Tropical Aquarium ( mag float and Ista )
Kordon
Loving Pets ( Acurel )
Jw ( Fusion air pumps and filters )
Koller craft ( Oscar Tom line with Aqua lifter pumps )

All of these companies had booths at the show and I was there helping out and meeting with my customers that came in from the West coast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkestsky (Post 1760288)
Totally. That's quite a trip for you. Were you there with a vendor?

darkestsky 03-06-2012 09:13 PM

Neat. I spent some time at the Koller Kraft and Kordon booths. Shame I didn't get to meet you.

ZID ZULANDER 03-06-2012 09:20 PM

Koller has some cool new tanks coming out.... I have been trying to convince Kordon that they need to add a line of Shrimp products to the mix. I might be getting through to them. Not sure though...

darkestsky 03-06-2012 09:41 PM

I talked to an older fellow at Kordon for about 15 minutes because he asked about shrimp lol. He apparently has not been lucky with cherries.

ZID ZULANDER 03-06-2012 09:44 PM

did he look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkestsky (Post 1760648)
I talked to an older fellow at Kordon for about 15 minutes because he asked about shrimp lol. He apparently has not been lucky with cherries.

darkestsky 03-06-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZID ZULANDER (Post 1760656)
did he look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons?

No, but that would have been great. He was a heavier guy. Not obese, just a little heavy.

ZID ZULANDER 03-06-2012 10:13 PM

ok that could have been two of the other guys. the fact that I talked their ear off about shrimp and a new publication on dwarf shrimp was put on their table at the show might have them thinking about the shrimp side....

darkestsky 03-06-2012 10:16 PM

That would be nice. I've always liked their stuff.