The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Other Websites (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hello From Tropical-Fish-Forums.com (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166976)

Tropical-Fish-Forums.com 02-27-2012 12:10 PM

Hello From Tropical-Fish-Forums.com

Im the Owner/Admin of tropical-fish-forums.com we have a nice friendly little community going on, unlike many other such forums you might find today, we have no darma, fighting or better than you staff or members to give you a hassle. We are simply a group of fish keeping hobbyist, that enjoy getting together to discuss fish keeping, try to help the less experienced, and make all kinds of new friends.

I would especially love to see folks join us that have experience with aquarium plants or planted tanks, as we seem to be lacking there :( I would even entertain the idea of appointing a special Mod for that section as i have for my other section if you really know your stuff, and like to help others with your knowledge of planted tanks, just join the forum and contact Shadow Bass :)

http://tropical-fish-forums.com/index.php

DogFish 02-27-2012 12:53 PM

Welcome!

I just looked at your site, I would visit there but the white letters on the blue background hurt my eyes.

Not being negative about your site other that the background/letter contrast I like it. It's just a hard combination for old eyes. That type of thing keeps me off several sites I'm sure I would enjoy.

Powchekny 02-27-2012 02:22 PM

The fish mouse pointer could be done away with. It would only make the site better.

Tropical-Fish-Forums.com 02-27-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFish (Post 1746077)
Welcome!

I just looked at your site, I would visit there but the white letters on the blue background hurt my eyes.

Not being negative about your site other that the background/letter contrast i like it. It's just a hard combination for old eyes. That type od thing keeps me off several sites I'm sure I would enjoy.

I believe youre right Dog Fish, im gonna see what i can do about that, ive got old worn out eyes as well , Thanks

Powchekny, You may be right as well, so im gonna dump that also, any such feedback taken in a positive way, is both appreciated, and well appreciated :hihi:

Tropical-Fish-Forums.com 02-28-2012 09:16 AM

OK guys, i changed the fonts some can you take another look, ??

Gatekeeper 02-28-2012 11:10 AM

Looks ok! Good luck with it.

DogFish 02-28-2012 12:20 PM

Don't mean to be such a fussy old coot but, the background is also the problem. I apologize I should of just said make it grey & black like TPT.

It's probably not an issue for the younger viewers.

Tropical-Fish-Forums.com 02-29-2012 11:30 AM

Ok :)

Ok, ive changed to an entirely different forum software, rearranged all the sections, changed my domain name, changed my hosting server, ran all the old members off, and posted all new content, how do you like it now DogFish ??

Notttttttttttt LMAO

DogFish 02-29-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical-Fish-Forums.com (Post 1749833)
Ok, ive changed to an entirely different forum software, rearranged all the sections, changed my domain name, changed my hosting server, ran all the old members off, and posted all new content, how do you like it now DogFish ??

Notttttttttttt LMAO

Hey you asked, I told you my honest opinion. It's your site an as long as your happy that all that counts. I'm guessing you're really aren't so happy as you are looking to build your viewership based on the threads you have started here.

This is the #1 website for Planted Tanks for a reason. Other sites would be wise to use TPT as a model. You might want to muzzle up the sarcasim a bit when people are honestly trying to help you out. :wink:

Good luck with your site.

oscarsx 02-29-2012 02:07 PM

how about you dump that site and join us =]

Sent from my DROID X2

Rainer 02-29-2012 02:13 PM

You might want to increase the contrast between text and background on the home page. It's not pleasant to read.

LizStreithorst 07-22-2012 07:39 PM

What fun! I was banned from his Tropicalfishforums.com Fact is,it doesn't matter if he changes the contrast between the text and the background. Fact is, the place is a hopeless cause because he runs off everyone who doesn't agree with him. His loss...

Oscar, you are a Discus man and to planted? I want to know more. I do only BB with my Discus, but then I'm a breeder so I can't help but do it that way.