The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tank Journals (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   180P build (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166542)

Pugman 02-24-2012 04:09 AM

180P build

Hello planted people. I just sold my reef tank to help fund this project. This system will include the following. 180P ADA Aquarium. A custom stand to mimic the ADA one because they don't sell it in my area. The lighting will be three Ecotech Radion LEDs. Filtration will be two Fluval G6's with two Hydor 300w Inline heaters. I am going to use a combination of Fluvals soil and Eco Complete. I would love to get some Unzan Stone but I don't know where to get. Lights will be here next week. The stand and tank will be delivered by the end of the month. Although I'm really excited about getting this I'm not looking forward to transporting this glass. I think it's close to 400 lbs.

150EH 02-24-2012 04:58 AM

Well welcome to the forum and your starting your planted tank hobby with some great stuff, is Chico in Illinois?

I think that tank is going to be over 400 but I'm not sure either, just make sure you bring extra muscle.

Da Plant Man 02-24-2012 05:58 AM

This is going to be one of the best tanks I have ever seen. 180-p is a perfect size. I wish I could get one, you lucky duck.

Best of luck!

(Chico as in California?)

Pugman 02-24-2012 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these the other day.

There are a couple of Chicos in the US but I'm in California.

Pugman 02-24-2012 03:39 PM

This has probably been asked a thousand times but dose anyone have any leads on some
Unzan Stones? The two ADA distributors don't seem to carry it. I can't even find a way to import it.

brohawk 02-24-2012 04:15 PM

It's just black lava rock, renamed by ADA. Try rock yards or bonsai suppliers. Good luck w/ the build.

OverStocked 02-24-2012 04:38 PM

If you're not committed to it, I would go with all ADA soil or all Fluval soil. I'd skip the ecocomplete. It offers essentially nothing.

Pugman 02-24-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverStocked (Post 1741079)
If you're not committed to it, I would go with all ADA soil or all Fluval soil. I'd skip the ecocomplete. It offers essentially nothing.

I can get the Fluval soil cheaper and it has the same look. However if there is a big diference between the two I'm not completely sold on Fluval. I use the Eco complete underneath the soil just trying to mimic ADA's power sand. In the last video of Amano's Unzan stone build I watched he just used all soil. Is this the latest style?

Thanks for the feedback:icon_smil

Pugman 02-29-2012 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a package in the mail today from Hong Kong. My glassware. I went with the cheaper glass for now as I would cry if I broke an ADA pipe. The tank set me back quite a bit and there is no substitution for there quality of aquariums. I also picked up the hanging kits for the lights.

Pugman 03-03-2012 04:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got a few more things in. FLUVAL Soil, inline heaters, Radion LEDs. I can't get the glass yet as I am still waiting for the stand to be constructed. He ran into a couple of snags so it's been delayed to the end of the week. Oh well I still have to find some stones. Also I have to have a custom light rail built once I get the stand as well. These lights are incredible.

Couesfanatic 03-03-2012 05:19 PM

I am so jealous. Nice job by doing it right the first time.

Pugman 03-04-2012 12:31 AM

Thanks. I'm pretty excited to get this going. I'm new to this forum but I've had aquariums for over 25 years. Mostly saltwater. I've set up one planted tank before and had success to a certain extent (some algae issues). I still have a lot to learn tho.

zachary908 03-04-2012 12:51 AM

This is going to be one heck of a tank! Nice to see someone doing it right the first go around. I went cheap with my first tank set up only to find myself upgrading...

shrimpnmoss 03-04-2012 01:22 AM

Sweet...Christmas in March!...ENVY!...

frrok 03-04-2012 01:38 AM

Subscribed!