The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (
-   Tank Journals (
-   -   No Fish Ten Gallon (

xjasminex 02-06-2012 03:22 PM

No Fish Ten Gallon
So i originally had Caspian in a 5 gallon....he seemed to get bigger after i bought him or i uped him to this ten gallon!

I dont have build pics, sorry, but here's what its turned into!

Ten gallon tank
Two CFL in stock hood (15 watt)
Aqua tech 5-15 gallon filter
jager 75 watt heater
MGOCPS capped with pool filter sand

Jungle Val
Corkscrew Val
Amazon Sword (compact)
Java Fern
Red Tiger Lotus
Dwarf Sag
Crypt Wenti

Two Nerite Snails
One Prince Caspian, abeautiful double tail halfmoon betta

I just had a BGA issue, but its pretty much gone now, and it cant be seen in the pictures.

I also added a few ocmocote plus caps under some of the plants after i took this picture and i will take a new pic later today or so because they are already improving things!

I also use excel every other day or so aswell!

xjasminex 02-06-2012 03:22 PM

Oh i forgot to add that theres frogbit and duckweed in there too!

xjasminex 02-06-2012 03:23 PM

And a marimo ball

limeslide 02-18-2012 03:26 AM

I love the feel it has, it feels "homey". :)

xjasminex 02-18-2012 03:33 AM

I need to update the pics too, some things are growing in!

Daximus 02-18-2012 03:58 AM

Looks awesome! Happy fish right there!

I have the same 10 gallon setup I think! I'm growing all kinds of stuff with 10 watt lights. So if you keep having algae trouble you might try that. :proud:

Looks great!

xjasminex 02-18-2012 01:54 PM

I have two 15 watt cf bulbs in the hood. The bga algae is pretty much gone as far as I can tell, but I wish I could grow a different algae so my snails could have more to eat! I also bought a zoomed 501 off h4n on here so that should help with overall water movement in the tank.

Right now caspians fins keep getting torn from something in the tank, I have previously sanded down his log (which he loves and uses all the time), I also just glued some mini pellia to his leaf to cover up the edges of it, and I have a ton of java moss and some x-mas moss so I plan to cover the inside of his driftwood arch in them to make it fin proof too. And I was thinking it could be the water flow too doing it to him s hopefully the zoomed should help there too!

xjasminex 03-05-2012 01:40 AM

Here's the tank now, there's crypts in the back behind the wood that are growing good, the dwarf sag is slowly spreading....and I just added what I was told was marselia minuta as well. The Val's are not growing as fast as they are said to...I'm kinda disappointed in that...and the tiger lotus is growing too, but the marimo ball is right in front of so you can't really see it. Oh and I added some x-mas moss to the wood and also to trident java fen on it as well.

limeslide 03-11-2012 07:23 AM

Pretty! I love it! :)

Bump for awesomeness!

AquaKai 03-11-2012 01:31 PM

Oh wow! That tank is gorgeous! Beautifully done:). Prince Caspian has one nice tank!

xjasminex 03-11-2012 01:44 PM

Thanks everyone!

I really wish the Val's would grow better but I'm happy with it!
And Prince Caspian loves his tank, there's never a dull moment!

farmhand 03-11-2012 02:29 PM

Nice tank! From what I've read here on "TPT", Val,s don't like excel.

Sent from my iPhone

Overgrowth 03-11-2012 03:22 PM

Are you going to give Prince Caspian some tankmates? Narnia needs more fauns and such lol.

GMYukonon24s 03-11-2012 03:37 PM

Nice tank. I like the plants, betta, and snails.

CrazyCatPeekin 03-11-2012 03:41 PM

That's a nice looking betta. How do you like the floating log? Does he use it at all?