The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Washington (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Any interest in Akadama? Seattle/Tacoma Area? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157340)

nilocg 12-09-2011 03:22 AM

Any interest in Akadama? Seattle/Tacoma Area?

EDIT: Instead of starting a new thready I thought that I would just use this one. I am going to be up in the seatac area on the weekend of April 28th. I know this is a while off, but last time I didnt have anyone interested in me bringing any up until I had already been up there so this time I am starting early. Let me know, I will bump this thread every once in a while, if someone wants some and wants to save on shipping this is the way to do it.

I am going to be up in the SeaTac area over the Christmas weekend and figured I would see if anyone would be interested in some Akadama and save on the shipping. The price is $24 per 15L bag. Quantity discounts if someone wants to purchase a larger quantity. Let me know.

Seattle_Aquarist 12-12-2011 11:52 PM

Hi nilocg,

I see you have an ad on AquaBid for Double Line Brand Akadama. I am the GSAS HAP chairperson and I might be interested in trying it. Do you have the 'hard grade'? If not, which type(s) do you have. I will send you a PM as well.

Thanks,
-Roy

nilocg 12-13-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist (Post 1632634)
Hi nilocg,

I see you have an ad on AquaBid for Double Line Brand Akadama. I am the GSAS HAP chairperson and I might be interested in trying it. Do you have the 'hard grade'? If not, which type(s) do you have. I will send you a PM as well.

Thanks,
-Roy

PM replied to. It is my understanding that the Double red line version of Akadama is the hard grade version.

I will be up in the Auburn area from the 22nd to the 26th. The 23rd is probably the best day to meet up, but would probably be available most any day. let me know.

Seattle_Aquarist 12-14-2011 12:55 AM

Hi Nicocg,

I'm still doing some research but should have a decision by the end of the week. Do you have the fine or medium size?

nilocg 12-14-2011 01:00 AM

I have the small/fine size, I can get the medium but it is quite large.

nilocg 12-20-2011 05:07 PM

A few days to go before I head up that way. Let me know if you any.

thanks

nilocg 12-22-2011 04:11 AM

Last chance if anyone else wants one, I am leaving for Washington tomorrow around noon.

mordalphus 12-22-2011 04:47 AM

wish i could make it to seatac this weekend, but all my festivities are in the north end

nilocg 12-22-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mordalphus (Post 1645003)
wish i could make it to seatac this weekend, but all my festivities are in the north end

How many bags do you need? Maybe we can work something out.

How far north?

mordalphus 12-22-2011 05:34 AM

Bothell, I would get 4 bags because I am going to be setting up an extension to my shrimp room soon to hold more stock. If not it'll be fine, I might end up ordering 100 bags in the future.

nilocg 12-22-2011 05:36 AM

I could meet you up in Seattle somewhere. Not sure how north you are though.

nilocg 03-22-2012 05:58 AM

Bump for being up there at the end of April.