The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Florida (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   LFS in Dayona Beach / Volusia area + Orlando (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156978)

mattycakesclark 12-06-2011 03:33 AM

LFS in Dayona Beach / Volusia area + Orlando

I figure I would share some of my finds. I have not listed chain stores, such as Petsmart, or such, only stores that are more orrentated to our hobby needs. I removed some closed shops.

Ormond Beach / Holly Hill / Ormond by the Sea

Bluewater Reef Aquariums (Facebook - Google+ / map)
1678 Ridgewood Avenue, Holly Hill, West side of US1
SW fish, Corals, Equipment and Supplies

Daytona Beach / South Daytona / Daytona Beach Shores

Amazing Aquariums (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map)
2330 S. Nova Rd, South Daytona, West side of Nova
SW fish, Corals, Equipment and supplies

Daytona Aquarium (Website - Google+ / map - Youtube)
3131 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, just West of 415 on the South side of ISB next to LKQ Junkyard
FW fish, Plants, Equipment and supplies

The Fish Tank (Google+ / map)
Nova Rd, Daytona, plaza in North West corner of Nova and Mason, same as Harbor Freight
FW fish, Plants, SW fish, Corals, Equipment and supplies

Mr. Petman (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map)
2400 South Ridgewood Avenue, South Daytona, right next to the skating rink at the Sunshine Mall
FW fish, Plants, SW fish, Corals, Equipment and supplies.

Poseidon Aquariums (Website - Google+ / map)
1730 South Nova Road, Daytona Beach, behind Dunkn Doughnuts, and next to Steve's

Port Orange / New Smyrna / Edgewater

Deland / Deltona / Orange City / Debary

Stormborn Reef (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map)
2955 Enterprise Rd #108, DeBary, east side of road in plaza, yellow sign
SW fish, Corals, Equipment and supplies

Orlando

DarkWater Aquatics (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map)
3589 S Orange Ave, Orlando
FW fish, Plants, Equipment and supplies.

Fishy Business (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map - Youtube)
104 South Ronald Regan Blvd, Longwood, across the street from CVS. . . Oceans Direct is right nearby as well! (and Hourglass Brewery if ya need a cold one)

Ocean Blue (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map - Youtube)
2246 Aloma Avenue, Winter Park, across the street from Dunkin Doughnuts, in a small plaza
SW fish, Corals, Equipment and supplies.

Ocean Direct (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map - Youtube / FOX Spot)
203 West SR 434, Longwood, near the SouthSeminole Hospital . . . Fishy Business and Hourglass Brewery are right by here as well

Sea in the City (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map - Youtube)
441 Gaston Foster Road, Orlando, in a small business park just on the south side of the SR 408

World Wide Corals (Website - Facebook - Google+ / map - Youtube)
11765 South Orange Blossom Trail, South Orlando

demonr6 12-06-2011 12:52 PM

Nice information there for those venturing in the area. Sad that we have a horrible representation in a state that has an abundance of water and fishkeepers.

RAZmonkey 12-06-2011 01:13 PM

Interested in hearing about Flagler/Palm Coast area and north.

mattycakesclark 12-06-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonr6 (Post 1623550)
Nice information there for those venturing in the area. Sad that we have a horrible representation in a state that has an abundance of water and fishkeepers.

I think there is an awesome SW scene, but planted tanks seem to much bigger out West, some might say because of Asain influences but it is a big deal in Europe is seems too. There are some aquatic nurseries here, and commercial breeders, and I think that Florida will be a great hub in the future. We have good vendors like GLA, and some very active and proactive Floridians on this board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZmonkey (Post 1623561)

I might venture up into Flagler some point, but it would be hard to justify to the lady a car trip just for my "dork" hobby. Mind you she has so much yarn for knitting and such.
I can tell you of a good LFS in Marteniez Ga lol.

On a side note, Florida is a great place for inspiration. You can go to almost any body of water and find plants and scape ideas.

demonr6 12-06-2011 04:05 PM

I only know of the Pet Supermarket in St. Augustine. They take good care of their tanks and the stock is healthy. Not a huge selection but what they have is certainly not as bad as some of the other box stores and even the smaller specialty stores. Plant selection is not notable but what they have is in really good condition. We are up there every other month and I always stop by and see if there is anything new and interesting. As a whole that store is really good and the employees are more attentive and seem like they actually do not hate their work.

mattycakesclark 12-13-2011 09:50 PM

Updated Port Orange pets in... Port Orange, and Posiadin Aquariums in South Daytona.

RAZmonkey 12-14-2011 03:20 AM

St Augustine
Pet Supermarket
Petco
Pet World

Those are the three I know about. But I haven't found the employees to be very helpful and most of the tanks have several dead fish in them. But I might've been on off days.

ScottFish 01-06-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZmonkey (Post 1623561)

Palm Coast has a good African Cich. store off of 100 (east of Belle Terre Parkway, south side; hard to find --in a business park).

DBridges 06-08-2012 08:11 PM

Very sad about Mr. Petman. I grew up in South Daytona, not far from where Mr. Petman is. They used to be in a different location in the same mall complex (used to be called the Outlet Mall back then). Growing up they had a very good selection of fish and plants. Even after they moved to their current location, things were still good for many years.

Unfortunately, over the past 8 or 10 years, every time I come back home for a visit the store is worse and worse. The store didn't used to have that awful smell that it does now. Very much a shame what's happened to Mr. Petman - used to be a fantastic store.

David

mattycakesclark 06-08-2012 08:22 PM

I was back in Mr. Petman the other day. They seem to be puttingl a bit more into their SW setups, but the main tank still has traces of red bubble algae and others.

mattycakesclark 06-08-2012 08:30 PM

Updated:

Fish Store
Nova Rd, Daytona, plaza in North West corner of Nova and Mason, same as Harbor Freight
Freshwater, Saltwater, FW Fauna, FW Flora, Corals, SW Fauna, SW Flora, Equipment and supplies.
I was referee to her by Amazing Aquarium on the issue of repairing a broken tank. The shop is quite compact, with some trade in goodies as other hardware. They have a.pretty standard collection of FW Fauna, including WCM. Saltwater is standard too, but they seemed light on the corals. Good stop if you are hitting up Harbor Freight.

mattycakesclark 09-27-2012 03:31 AM

updated a bit, added Bluewater Reef Aquariums, update Fish Store (revisit), Poseidon (moved to new bigger store), Mr. Petman (updating fishroom)

mattycakesclark 08-03-2013 10:17 PM

Updated a bit more, took my personal reviews off, since I can not visit all of them often enough, and it really is fair I think.

NeptunesNeighborhood 09-27-2013 01:15 AM

No storefront, but we're located in Casselberry, pickup or ship. Neptune's Neighborhood

Idrankwhat 10-04-2013 08:43 PM

There's also Amazon Jungle in Ormond Beach on US1. Full line pet store, birds, reptiles and fish. Freshwater only, no marine. Old store, maybe one of the oldest in town.