The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   I want RCS! Covington (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155682)

Euphoria 11-23-2011 05:59 PM

I want RCS! Covington
 
Does anyone have RCS they wana sell?

kychris 11-23-2011 07:50 PM

I just had two batches of babies so it will probably be 4-6 weeks before I will have some.

Mannie Bothans 11-23-2011 09:31 PM

I just ordered my first ever shrimp to go in my first ever aquarium. If they survive I imagine it will be a while before I have extras.

Are you seeking crystals or cherries? I have just ordered both, along with amanos and blue pearls.

Euphoria 11-23-2011 10:04 PM

Ok if you remember, let me know. Red cherry shrimp

somewhatshocked 11-23-2011 11:10 PM

How many are you interested in?

I should have tons of juveniles ready for shipping within two weeks.

Euphoria 11-23-2011 11:44 PM

Depends on price really. I have 20gal. What you think is a good starting number

Euphoria 11-23-2011 11:46 PM

What is osmocote and gelcaps????

Mannie Bothans 11-24-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 1607056)
What is osmocote and gelcaps????

I remember asking myself that exact same question. The off-the-shelf product is OC+ and he puts them inside little capsules (at a good price) to serve as root tabs. http://www.plantersplace.com/Product...cote-Plus.aspx

Euphoria 11-24-2011 02:12 AM

How much for red cherry shrimp?

kychris 11-24-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannie Bothans (Post 1606893)
I just ordered my first ever shrimp to go in my first ever aquarium. If they survive I imagine it will be a while before I have extras.

Are you seeking crystals or cherries? I have just ordered both, along with amanos and blue pearls.

So what grade crystals did you get? Make sure to post when you have babies to sell.

I have high grade Sakura RCS.

Mannie Bothans 11-24-2011 04:05 AM

Ya know, I kinda jumped into the shrimp thing without thinking about overpopulation breeding issues (and the ability to sell/trade offspring). I was even planning on keeping all these different shrimp in the same tank.

This is what I've got coming:

10 three-band Grade A Crystal Red Shrimp ($4 each, +$1 total shipping) from gordonrichards
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sp...al-shrimp.html

10 Grade S Crystal Red Shrimp ($3 each, free shipping) from TheShrimpLab
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/me...nikkistar.html

25 Blue Pearl Shrimp ($1.60 each, free shipping) from TheShrimpLab
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/me...nikkistar.html

10 Amano shrimp ($1.60 each, $12 shipping) from ZID ZULANDER
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sw...no-shrimp.html

10 Red Cherry Shrimp marketed as "Taiwan Fire Shrimp" ($3.00 each, free shipping) from BenBOMB
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...low-price.html

I'm sure I've overpaid for these, but they were an impulse buy and I didn't really do any shopping around.

Unfortunately, I also didn't do much research about shrimp before buying.

I hope these will all be okay in the same aquarium. I looked at a couple of "will they interbreed" charts and I'm still not sure if I'll be okay or not.

I was planning on keeping these together in my 56-gallon aquarium:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yo...o=view&id=3039

So far, the only ones that have arrived have been the Amanos. Man, they are gorgeous. Every one is between 1.5 and 2 inches and very lively.

somewhatshocked 11-24-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 1607053)
Depends on price really. I have 20gal. What you think is a good starting number

I'd start with 20 or 30. If it's a shrimp-only tank, you may even do more.

But that's a good starting point to start a solid breeding population of cherries.

Usually sell mine for about $1.50 per shrimp, as they tend to be of the deep red/Sakura varieties when they color up as adults. Depending upon how red their lines are, the price fluctuates. Won't know for sure until 2-3 weeks or so when I've got enough for shipping. I'll post them in the Power Sellers section when available, for sure.

somewhatshocked 11-24-2011 04:19 AM

Blue Pearls and Cherries will breed, as will the two types of Crystals you've got coming (Crystals won't matter if you're not too worried about qualities).

Will definitely want to separate the blues & cherries, though, for certain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannie Bothans (Post 1607381)
Ya know, I kinda jumped into the shrimp thing without thinking about overpopulation breeding issues (and the ability to sell/trade offspring). I was even planning on keeping all these different shrimp in the same tank.

This is what I've got coming:

10 three-band Grade A Crystal Red Shrimp ($4 each, +$1 total shipping) from gordonrichards
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sp...al-shrimp.html

10 Grade S Crystal Red Shrimp ($3 each, free shipping) from TheShrimpLab
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/me...nikkistar.html

25 Blue Pearl Shrimp ($1.60 each, free shipping) from TheShrimpLab
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/me...nikkistar.html

10 Amano shrimp ($1.60 each, $12 shipping) from ZID ZULANDER
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sw...no-shrimp.html

10 Red Cherry Shrimp marketed as "Taiwan Fire Shrimp" ($3.00 each, free shipping) from BenBOMB
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...low-price.html

I'm sure I've overpaid for these, but they were an impulse buy and I didn't really do any shopping around.

Unfortunately, I also didn't do much research about shrimp before buying.

I hope these will all be okay in the same aquarium. I looked at a couple of "will they interbreed" charts and I'm still not sure if I'll be okay or not.

I was planning on keeping these together in my 56-gallon aquarium:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yo...o=view&id=3039

So far, the only ones that have arrived have been the Amanos. Man, they are gorgeous. Every one is between 1.5 and 2 inches and very lively.


Euphoria 11-24-2011 04:27 AM

Cool thanks, I will check it out in a few weeks

Mannie Bothans 11-24-2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somewhatshocked (Post 1607402)
Blue Pearls and Cherries will breed, as will the two types of Crystals you've got coming (Crystals won't matter if you're not too worried about qualities).

Will definitely want to separate the blues & cherries, though, for certain.

Oh no. You're right. I compared the blues to the CRS, and the cherries to the CRS, but I didn't compare the pearls to the cherries. Crap.

I've been warned that S'es are low-grade S, and told that the A's are high A's so if that is true, then I'm not too worried about an A+ three band sullying the S- three bands.

Now I either need to decide if I want to keep the 25 blues or the 10 red cherries. If my kids see them both and fall in love with them both, then I guess I could setup the old 5 gallon aqaurium my son used for his betta just for the cherries. Otherwise, Euphoria I might have 10 "Taiwan Fire Shrimp" available in Lexington as soon as they arrive.

I suppose a 5G could tolerate 10 Red Cherries, right?


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.