The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Anyone in Omaha (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143162)

jstehman 07-23-2011 04:04 AM

Anyone in Omaha

Petsmart at Shadow Lake has Redline barbs Denisonii for $6.99. They only have like 8, and they are a "special buy". Don't know if they will get any more.

Thought I'd share, since my LFS has them for $20 a pop.

Bobtheturtle 07-24-2011 10:55 PM

I actually went to Omaha yesterday and picked all 8 of them up. They looked pretty good so will see how well they go in my Quarantine tank. Do you by any chance know what happen to Paradise Cove pets in bellevue. Went there and the building was up for sale. Wasn't sure if they moved or just went out of business. My wife is dissapointed cuz thats where she usually gets her live rock from for her salt tank.

ua hua 07-25-2011 01:44 AM

I was there last weekend and they had 6 of them and I got all 6. I had to drive 3 hours home with them and lost 1 the first night. All the rest of them are looking good. The girl working there told me that it is a special buy and didn't know how long it was going to be going on for. Good deal for folks in Omaha.

jstehman 08-14-2011 01:14 AM

The owner of Paradise Cove "disappeared". I think he owed a lot to the leasing company.

aczeller 08-17-2011 09:07 PM

so other than the Petco's and Petsmarts around town, where else do you guys find your freshwater fish and plants?

Fish Freaks (108th & Q'ish)
Aqua Pets (108th & Maple)
Petland (120th & Center)

any place else?

ua hua 08-18-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aczeller (Post 1481882)
so other than the Petco's and Petsmarts around town, where else do you guys find your freshwater fish and plants?

Fish Freaks (108th & Q'ish)
Aqua Pets (108th & Maple)
Petland (120th & Center)

any place else?

I think thats all thats left to choose from in Omaha. Sad thing is before we know it the Petco's and Petsmarts will have no other competition.

Jakowski321 09-14-2011 03:51 AM

A new shop opened on 108th and q I think. It's called Nebraska aquatic supply. They have alot of plants. Also quite a bit of sw and corals

ua hua 09-14-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakowski321 (Post 1512928)
A new shop opened on 108th and q I think. It's called Nebraska aquatic supply. They have alot of plants. Also quite a bit of sw and corals

Really?? Thats good to know. Hopefully they can stay open for more than a year. LFS seem to be few and far between anymore.

aczeller 09-14-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakowski321 (Post 1512928)

yep... ran in there the other day. The guy that owns it is Ron (the main fish guy from Paradise Cove) and his brother. VERY nice clean store. one of the best I have seen to date. This Saturday (9/17/11), they will be having an open-house/grand opening sale. I have another buddy of mine that plans to come with me. I need some sponge filters and he needs another reason to spend money. lol

Later,
Andy

Legion 09-15-2011 05:35 AM

Wow... nice stuff! Never would have known about this... I will have to make sure I am in attendance on Saturday! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aczeller (Post 1513214)
yep... ran in there the other day. The guy that owns it is Ron (the main fish guy from Paradise Cove) and his brother. VERY nice clean store. one of the best I have seen to date. This Saturday (9/17/11), they will be having an open-house/grand opening sale. I have another buddy of mine that plans to come with me. I need some sponge filters and he needs another reason to spend money. lol

Later,
Andy

aczeller 09-15-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legion (Post 1514248)
Wow... nice stuff! Never would have known about this... I will have to make sure I am in attendance on Saturday! Thanks for the heads up!

Ironically enough, it has been pushed back to October 15th so they can do it with another shop in their plaza. however, there are now supposed to be husker hotties there, so i'm all for pushing it back as far as they want... if we wait long enough, maybe the bunnies will appear. lol

Later,
Andy

Legion 09-15-2011 05:35 PM

Hmmm.... well the store is open currently though right? Know what kind of selection they have by any chance? Mostly fish ... or do they sell stuff for tanks too? Crap selection like Petsmart/Petco or are they better? I live in Bellevue and don't really wanna drive all the way out there if its not great lol. Of course, I guess, it probably wouldn't be hard to beat the other stores around... :/

aczeller 09-15-2011 05:45 PM

nice big store... TONS of fish, but they have a large selection of things for tanks too. i hear they have plants, but i didn't really look for them while i was there. By far, the largest selection of "stuff" that I have seen at any fish store, especially when you talk about QUALITY items.

they are open as we speak... they are still having a mini-opening on saturday, but i went in there last friday. he said they had been open since the 3rd IIRC.

Later,
Andy

jstehman 09-20-2011 11:02 PM

Was just there yesterday. Ron told me he had 5 55gal's ready just for plants. He also told me that he was going to try to have a strictly plant section... Right now he's only got Anubias, Cabomba, HC, and some swords.

Legion 09-21-2011 06:49 AM

The HC must be a new addition... I didn't see any of it when I was in there.