The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   California (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Eco/fluorite around Sacramento?? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14181)

ringram 02-07-2005 08:30 PM

Eco/fluorite around Sacramento??

I live in Davis and work in Sac, so anywhere around where I can find this stuff would be appreciated. I've already tried Petsmart(Rancho Cordova/Sac), petco(davis), exotic aquarium(Sac), Capitol Aquarium(sac) and NONE of the places carry it. I saw fluorite on Petsmart's website($24.99/ 15lb bag), but haven't been able to find it elsewhere, short of ordering it on one of the many mail order sites, but I would rather not pay a fortune for shipping.
This will be for a 20g tank, so I'll need about 2 bags. Does anyone in the Sacramento area know of an alternative?

boricua1 02-24-2005 11:28 PM

I purchased my ECO from 'O' ST Aquarium for $20/bag last year. If not currently available, talk to Maggie (the owner's, if I remember correctly) and she will place an order for you. That's what she did for me. This place is much cheaper than Capitol Aquarium, IMO. Good luck!!

From their website: (916) 455-6782
"O" Street Aquarium is easy to find, located just off business 80 at "N" street. we are only one block away from the off ramp. Conveniently located right on the corner of 30th and "O" streets.

peleg38 03-02-2005 05:31 AM

Western Ranch Supply

This might be too late but I recently purcased 60 lbs. of Flourite. Western Ranch Supply in Vacaville has 15 ilb bags for 15 bucks. They also put 5 dollar off coupons in the newspaper adds sometimes.

bellisb925 03-02-2005 12:28 PM

Not really in the Sacramento area, but here is a good day plan. Drive down to Albany and go to Albany Aquarium. They have eco for 2bags/ 19.99. When you're done there, Drive two or three miles east on Serano and order a Zachary's pizza. The best pizza I've personally ever had. I will drive an hour and 15 minutes for it every other week! It is easy to get my wife to drive with me to Albany as soon as I mention Zachary's.

kzr750r1 03-02-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellisb925
Not really in the Sacramento area, but here is a good day plan. Drive down to Albany and go to Albany Aquarium. They have eco for 2bags/ 19.99. When you're done there, Drive two or three miles east on Serano and order a Zachary's pizza. The best pizza I've personally ever had. I will drive an hour and 15 minutes for it every other week! It is easy to get my wife to drive with me to Albany as soon as I mention Zachary's.

Pizza now there is an excuse to visit the Albany aquarium. :proud:

I'll have to use this sometime with the little lady. Thanks.

bellisb925 03-02-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellisb925

The eco is actually 2 for 29.99, Oops. It is still a good price. You can check out Zachary's here before the long trip.

Ibn 03-02-2005 04:00 PM

Hmm...pizza. I should definitely consider that next time that I'm around in the area. Thanks for the heads up. :proud:

ringram 03-02-2005 11:00 PM

mmm pizza. Not sure if anyone has heard of it, but the pizza-hype of the town (Davis) is Steve's pizza, which is actually very good...maybe a little heavy on the sauce, but it has to be one of my all-time favorites. Now the only thing left is to convince my wife to drive with me for 2+ hours to Albany and then go to Zachary's. mmmmm. sounds good.

Ibn 03-02-2005 11:17 PM

Actually prefer Woodstock's. :)