The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I have unleashed a great evil upon the world. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127625)

Dollface 02-05-2011 06:53 PM

I have unleashed a great evil upon the world.

Last night, I created something, a monster, a thing too terrible for words...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6591160_n.jpg

A jelly donut.
At home.
And it was easy.

Thus assuring the end of mankind as we know it.
Or perhaps just my diet, it's too soon to say.

So, talk to me about donuts, TPT. Have you ever made them? What's your favorite kind? When was the last time you had one? I MUST KNOW.

Joe.1 02-05-2011 06:57 PM

My cholesterol level just jumped up a few points.

Dollface 02-05-2011 07:00 PM

You have no idea, man. I had some left over dough that I made donut bites/holes with, by the end of the night, I had eaten over half of them without realizing it. D:

sick lid 02-05-2011 08:02 PM

Ooohhhhh.... this is bad. This is really really bad....
*runs off in search of deep fryer...*

RachelFromTheBlackLagoon 02-05-2011 08:15 PM

*drools*

Dollface 02-05-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sick lid (Post 1284104)
Ooohhhhh.... this is bad. This is really really bad....
*runs off in search of deep fryer...*

Whatever you do, don't look at this recipe. 8(

Wilder 02-05-2011 08:24 PM

We seem to be making these for our Sunday breakfast every week:

Baked cake donuts

You have been warned. Though, being baked, they aren't anywhere near as bad for you, but taste awesome. So far I've done powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, maple glazed, and chocolate glazed. Also did a batch of chocolate donuts with chocolate glaze -- much recommended.

I feel I should add to this story -- a few days before Christmas, my husband and I were out shopping and passed by a display of bakeware. I commented how I wanted to get a donut pan to use with a recipe I'd found.

Christmas day comes and I go into the kitchen to start the oven for the ham, and my husband suggests I have a look in there first. So I did, and there is a wrapped gift -- a donut pan. Apparently Santa ordered it and had it sent overnight, just so he could wrap it and put it in the oven for me to find. :P

sick lid 02-05-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollface (Post 1284114)
Whatever you do, don't look at this recipe. 8(

*Breathes heavy sigh of relief...* Thank god for yeast. I truly have no patience for yeast... I mean, if I'm going to break out the yeast, I might as well make pizza dough while I'm at it. Pizza dough...
doughnuts.....pizza dough......
.... doughnuts...pizza.....dough.....nuts...omg *runs off screaming to the pantry...*

Momotaro 02-05-2011 08:40 PM

Stuff a Reeses in it and microwave it for a couple of seconds.

Dollface 02-05-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilder (Post 1284119)
We seem to be making these for our Sunday breakfast every week:

Baked cake donuts

You have been warned. Though, being baked, they aren't anywhere near as bad for you, but taste awesome. So far I've done powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, maple glazed, and chocolate glazed. Also did a batch of chocolate donuts with chocolate glaze -- much recommended.

I feel I should add to this story -- a few days before Christmas, my husband and I were out shopping and passed by a display of bakeware. I commented how I wanted to get a donut pan to use with a recipe I'd found.

Christmas day comes and I go into the kitchen to start the oven for the ham, and my husband suggests I have a look in there first. So I did, and there is a wrapped gift -- a donut pan. Apparently Santa ordered it and had it sent overnight, just so he could wrap it and put it in the oven for me to find. :P

I love NSHP D:
My first plan was actually to make that recipe, only with mini bundt pans since I don't have a donut pan, but none of my mini pans were to be found.

Dollface 02-05-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momotaro (Post 1284132)

If I had some I'd totally fill a couple with warm nutella.

RipariumGuy 02-06-2011 04:23 AM

If this is a great evil, I do not dare to think what Krispy-Kream is...

Momotaro 02-06-2011 04:46 PM

Give me a homemade or a good bakery jelly any day over that mass produced crud!

Jelly/Nutella donut? Brilliant!

chad320 02-06-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momotaro (Post 1284132)

Lol! Thats awesome. Sooooo not skinny anymore.

DarkCobra 02-06-2011 05:16 PM

I have made beignets:

http://www.rachelleb.com/images/2006...e_beignets.jpg

But try not to do so often. I refuse to look at any recipe, because then there is nothing stopping me from making this from what I already have in my kitchen. At least if I must get a beignet mix from the store, that's an additional chance to talk myself out of it.

I'm going to go now, and try to forget all about the idea of donuts filled with Gnutella. ;)