The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What would you wish for in your aquarium? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127499)

rickztahone 02-04-2011 05:00 AM

What would you wish for in your aquarium?

Dark Cobra gave me this idea for a thread. If you could do anything with regards to your aquarium, what would you do? it doesn't even have to be in the real of possibility really, lol. I thought of this thread because i was thinking to myself, "wouldn't it be cool if i could leave my lights on for 16 hrs a day so i can actually see my tank when i get home from work?" Of course i can shut the lights off during the day but my daughter actually likes seeing my tank during the day so i can't turn it off. If it wasn't for that pesky algae!

Also, i would kind of like stems to be made so that i can put a max height setting and never have to trim them once they hit that max height mark, lol.

i think of the weirdest things...

alan j t 02-04-2011 05:11 AM

i wish for no more algea! ever, unless asked for specifically. and to never buy bulbs again.

rickztahone 02-04-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan j t (Post 1282618)
i wish for no more algea! ever, unless asked for specifically. and to never buy bulbs again.

oh +1 on those for sure. Also, i know this sounds mean but i wish that those little tiny snails cease to exist!!!! I used PP on every plant that came in and what did i see? SNAILS!

Armonious 02-04-2011 05:53 AM

I would go with no algae in the tank. It isn't a problem at the moment, but it is irritating at times with an iwagumi with relativly low plant load.

Otherwise, I want my HC to start growing faster.

BradC 02-04-2011 07:38 AM

Also +4 for no algae lol

Besides that I wish I never had to replace evaporated water.. I have discus and my temp is around 86 F so every other day I have to add water..

I was also going to say water changes but I kind of enjoy it.. Well most of the time :)

hydrophyte 02-04-2011 07:48 AM

I wish that my aquarium were filled to the top with twenty-dollar bills.

DarkCobra 02-04-2011 11:10 AM

I would love to have a substrate that would make a lush, green lawn of fuzzy algae that never needs trimming grow on it and nowhere else. ;)

mountaindew 02-04-2011 12:57 PM

I would be happy with cheaper electrical power!
Not asking for much! in the past it has always been ok!
Last 2 years my power bill has went up 50% in cost per watt!

Wonder why

mD

I also wish my up arrow key worked in this message editor!!!!!

chicken 02-04-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrophyte (Post 1282727)

Wouldn't they get soggy?:hihi:

I like the idea of a max height setting for stem plants. I think what I'd like even more would be the ability to speed up, slow down, or temporarily halt the growth of specific plants, since I always have a heck of a time getting the whole tank to look good at once. It would be nice to be able to tell one part of the tank to just chill for a bit while I tell other parts to hurry and catch up.

F22 02-04-2011 01:22 PM

I wish my aquarium would cut me a check for all the money I have dumped into it...

scapegoat 02-04-2011 01:43 PM

i think... out of anything i could wish for in my aquarium. it would be... megan fox. think she would just fit in the 55gallon. and the g/f wouldn't have a problem with that either haha

Johny_Dough 02-04-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

$20 bills?.... I'm wishing for $1000 bills... Ohhhh and there is no algae on those

:-)

Johny_Dough 02-04-2011 01:54 PM

lol
Ok I just read all the posts and I changed my mind...

$1000 bills and that chick from Modern Family...

defiesexistence 02-04-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

It is. But it's changed it's substance to the form of plants, fish, hardscape, and water. :icon_lol:

rickztahone 02-04-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defiesexistence (Post 1282848)
It is. But it's changed it's substance to the form of plants, fish, hardscape, and water. :icon_lol:

lol, ain't it the truth...