The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   No One (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10088)

ThatNewGuy 09-09-2004 07:59 PM

No One

Nobody in Missouri on this site?

NRibley 09-09-2004 10:23 PM

Hi! I'm in IL, but St. Louis area! :)

g8wayg8r 09-10-2004 02:35 AM

I'm in St Charles.

Momotaro 09-10-2004 02:44 AM

I believe Marcus from Aquatic Store is in St. Louis.

Mike

ThatNewGuy 09-10-2004 01:27 PM

Was curious why no one posted here. What is the best store in the are for plants and supplies. The regular Pets mart is good and all but I really want a more Local place. I am going to ride out to Beldt's this weekend but have never been there. What do you guys think of them. They are having an open house on the 25th.

NRibley 09-10-2004 08:57 PM

I have heard mixed reviews on Beldt's, but have never been there... Only about 15 miles from me, though, may have to check it out for myself.
Aquatic Store is in St. Charles, more like 30 miles for me... :icon_frow

ThatNewGuy 09-13-2004 01:26 PM

Beldt's was dissapointing. They are really good for varieties of Fish and stock of tanks but didn't really have anything different in the way of supplies than petsmart. They are having an open house in the hatchery on Sept 26th. I will probably go just to see what it's like. BTW they were about 10% higher on their supplies than Petsmart.

Does anyone know a LFS that will take fish and plants for store credit or cash?

convicted_convict 09-18-2004 04:21 AM

Im from the St. charles area too.

StLouisGuy 11-21-2004 10:50 PM

I live in north St Louis county. I have been keeping saltwater tanks for years and have been a member of the local saltwater club SEASL for about three years. I am new to planted tanks (two months) but agree that the LFS are limited in their selection of plants. Having said that, I have had great luck in aquiring harder to find plants. Marc, of aquatic store does live in St Charles and he is great. After exchanging emails I was able to meet with him and buy some supplies and plants without having to worry about shipping. I am not a member of missouri aquarium society but I did attend their meeting last thursday and the auction today. There are some plants available at each meeting and at the auction there was a very large table covered with over 50 bags of plants. My tank is pretty full so I wasn't looking to buy much but I did find a nice bag of christmas moss (there were four available). As for fish, I couldn't make a guess but the number of bags, not fish, was in the hundreds. I am already looking forward to the next one, in Feb 05!

aquatic-store.com 03-16-2005 03:58 PM

New store in the st louis region with some nice stuff like
Cherry shimp
Tiger shrimp,
Oddball stuff to
Ask for Don the wener when you get there and tell him i sent you.
He does wholesale during the week to the LFS and retail on the weekend so weekends only guys!!!
REALLY HARD to find so call so he can give you better directions than mapquest

Not much on equipment yet.... he buys his stuff from me I am trying to get him to expand more in that area!!

318 Fee Fee Rd.
Maryland Hgts. Mo. 63043

Phone: 314-298-9984

ThatNewGuy 03-17-2005 08:02 PM

Maryland Heights is still a trip. I wish you could "influence" some of the LFS's in the area to sell your stuff. It seems we have a pretty high concentration of fish stores and a low concentration of good plant stores. I even visited some pond shops. At one I asked if they carried and macro fertilizers. He said they sell a Flourish all in one product. I told him those were micro nutrients and he just stared at me opened mouth. I think they tell people all they need is a little Flourish or Aquapride and they can grow anything.

Thank goodness for PT.net, Gregg Watson, US plastics and a little chemistry in college.

aquatic-store.com 03-17-2005 08:11 PM

Well I am working on a wholesale only site where petstores and online retailers can by @ below the regular wholesale price anything i buy @ the distributor price. This is a slow proccess though as 52 websites I run single handedly!!

wetank 03-27-2005 05:22 AM

aqua world

In south city is the best place for plants and fish very good selection

aquatic-store.com 03-27-2005 12:28 PM

On another note Don,@ aquatico is slowly working his way into plants there. I am trying to get him to start carrying more plants and make the large 250 gallon tank that he does salt plants only.
He is tearing down the salt and WANTS to do stingrays only in that tank and convert the rest of the room to predatory fish such as black piranaas and such

VanOcken 04-22-2005 06:13 PM

I'm in KC

I'm in the KC area, other side of the state.