Benji's ADA 60-P V1 - Taken Down

39K views 281 replies 40 participants last post by  Bserve 
#1 · (Edited)
Taken down 3/8/14

Specs:

Tank: ADA 60-P

Filter: 2x Fluval Aquaclear 50

Light: 24"-36" Marineland Reef Capable LED

Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Normal, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder, Petco sand

Plants: Anubias Nana, Bolbitis, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Xmas moss, Flame moss, Subwassertang, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, Micranthum Umbrosium "Monte Carlo", hemianthus callitrichoides, Dwarf Hairgrass, Blyxa Japonica, Downoi

Hardscape: Seiryu Stones, ADA Branch Wood

CO2: Pressurized Paintball CO2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last FTS:

The FTS of where all the feedback from others starts:

See less See more
#2 ·
Holy crap. That's awesome. I'd just leave it like that and put three dozen narrow-wedge rasboras in it. Super epic setup.

#3 ·
Oh yes! "Winter" was the first thing that popped into my mind. Never thought I would say this, but I agree - plants just might ruin the whole desolation look. Can't think of any plants that could preserve my initial reaction. Ouch. Maybe a single bright red or yellow stem, for that Sin City, Marvel spin. The whole surrounding color scheme just makes it work for me. We need some real white or black plants. That red moss could be subtle enough.

At least short term, I see just a single school.

Diamond Tetras - winter ghosts
Black Mollys - crows

Maybe something small and bright red, Ember Tetras might work for a toned-down feel.

v2

#12 ·
That's a good start but what's going to keep the substrate mound in the middle from leveling out after water is put in?

I would agree with the slow growing plants as it will be a pain to trim with all those branches. Anubias, ferns, and a slow growing foreground will look nice.

#21 ·
If it's the same scape I'm thinking about (Zhang Jianfeng) then those would be marbled hatchets.

#24 ·
Be careful with hatchetfish as they will jump out of your tank if you don't have it covered. Their body shape is that way because in the wild they will leap out of the water to avoid predators and they can jump a long ways. You can make them feel more secure by putting floating plants on top but without a cover I can guarantee they will end up on the floor. I used to have a large school of them and my tank is completely covered except for the back has notches about 2" for equipment to go into the tank and I still lost about 10 of them from jumping out of that little opening.

#27 ·
No all the fish that are shaped like that are hatchets and there body shape and pectoral fins are that way so they can jump out of the water. I think you should pick a school of one type of fish. Ember tetras, lemon tetras, emperor tetras, or chili rasboras would look nice in there but it's your tank so you find a fish you like and go with it. People can give you suggestions but ultimately it's up to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.