The Planted Tank Forum banner

15LB CO2 with regulator...buy or not?

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  VA2GXB 
#1 ·
Hi,

Locally being sold...for $150. With regulator. I think a good deal eh?

#2 ·
It all depends on what reg you are getting and the age of it. Not to mention if the cylinder has been serviced recently or not. Its like saying "I got a TV for $150, good deal ?"

#4 · (Edited)
I didnt mean to sound like a smart a$$ , although after reading again it does sound that way.
If you are happy with the price then thats all that matters.
Although not many people like the reg i have (Milwaukee) , i have yet to have a problem with it. its cost me $90 new for the reg and $65for a 20lb C02 tank full, so we are on the same price.... but if your reg is a dual stage or a better quality reg then i would say go for it.

#5 · (Edited)
Lol! Posts crossed in cyberspace. I didn't feel smartassed upon at all, in fact I appreciate the concern!

As it turns out, the regulator was rusty, as if some water had fallen on there and the tank was empty. When I suggested a fair price of $80, he balked and informed me that someone would take it for $150...good luck to them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.