The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aquatic Experience in Chicago

4K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  Razorworm 
#1 ·
Some really cool talks and vendor show coming to Chicago (Schaumburg). I've met and heard a couple of Oliver Knott's talks from past AGA Conventions and it's definitely worth it. I hope to be there for the convention.

http://aquaticexperience.org/

#3 ·
I'll definetly be going. A lot of knowledge can be gained when talking to vendors about their products. Not to mention it's not uncommom to get some freebies at the display booths.

#4 ·
That is so true. Getting info straight from the source is great, plus, as you mentioned, freebies are awesome!

Let me know which day you plan on going and I might join you. I was only thinking of doing the $10 admission and going either Saturday or Sunday. Maybe we could do a group meet up and go around together to check it out

#5 ·
A one day admission ($10.00) is what I was planning also. I was leaning more towards Saturday but Sunday would be Ok 2.
Like you said we could do a group meet up like we do before GCCA swap.

#8 ·
The November issue of TFH magazine has some info on this also. It can be found on page 95.

#10 ·
I'll be there on Friday. My initial thought is there @ noon and out prior to Friday evening rush.

Unless of course the raffles are just too good to not wait for.
:hihi:

FOOTNOTE: I still have 1 AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures 30" dual T5 fixtures, new"er" tubes maybe 45days of run time. $40..... I believe retail is $99 ea.

#12 ·
Good luck to your son.

No ofence I don't want to hear a review...like Dean Richards on WGN news killing movies for me. :red_mouth I still enjoy the "little Kid" on Christmas morning feeling when I go to these things. :hihi:

So, I'm out of this thread until after the show. :frown:

#26 ·
I'll probably be there Friday. My 5yo son set up his tank for the kid's contest today and was so excited by the display tanks he wants to go back immediately. No school so we might as well go enjoy fishy stuff together.

If you go, his tank is #22, the first tank on the bottom level. It's the "Tetra Soccer League" tank. He worked on making the decorations for weeks and even picked out the plants at the last swap by himself. I couldn't be prouder!

DogFish, I promised no spoilers so I'm not saying anything about what's there. I do suggest taking some cash since there's a lot for sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.