The Planted Tank Forum banner

Do we have local clubs for Planted Tanks in the philly area?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Jerry23 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a local club for Planted tanks is the philly area? Would be this be something that people are interested in if there is not?

jB

#3 ·
I think that there is a Bucks County planted tank club. I've seen a notice for it at Worldwide Aquarium. I would be interested in going to a club, but the kind of club that would have a topic of discussion/speaker, plant exchange/plants for sale, that kind of thing. I'm still pretty new, so I would feel kind of lost just going somewhere and chatting about tanks. Although I'm more than happy to have everyone over just to look at my tank :proud:
I wonder how Momotaro's club is organized?

#11 ·
Hi Everyone! As you can see, I'm quite new to this site. What an awesome forum! I can't wait to read through everything and participate on the boards.

I thought I'd mention that, although not specifically a plant group, we at Bucks Co. Aquarium Society have a healthy bunch of plant enthusiasts as members. There are usually plants up for auction and we frequently have plant related presentations at our meetings. (In fact, we have one coming up in December. :) ) We are located in Churchville and guests are always welcome. Here's a link to our website for those that are interested.

http://www.bcasonline.com/

BTW, we will be holding a raffle for a brand new copy of Kasselmann's "Aquarium Plants" at the Dec. meeting as well.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Looking forward to spending lots of time here! :icon_bigg

#12 ·
I'm right around the corner from you Jason. I've been thinking about the same thing myself. I recently joined GWAPA. It's a great club but it's a heck of a hike. It would be nice to have something local too.

There is a yahoo group but it's pretty quiet. I think if there was a sub-forum on a couple of the sites it would draw more attention. Bottom line is that I'd be interested in helping to start a group.

#13 ·
Im a fairly new member to this site, and I just stumbled onto this thread......I live in strasburg, lancaster county, PA, and I work in Downingtown, PA

I would love to get together and trade plants or equipment or whatever!

Keep me posted on how things go:thumbsup:

Thanks
Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.