The Planted Tank Forum banner

What's the group consensus on Adam'S Pet Safari?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  laqu 
#1 · (Edited)
Adam's is my LFS, a mere ten minute drive away. A few weeks ago I bought some jungle val that was nearly three feet long, super healthy, and sold in thick bunches for seven bucks a piece. I was actually able to split the bunches up and have two different plants. More recently i bought two small crypt patva plants and a red rubin sword that were really nice looking for pretty cheap as well. What do you all think? I really have no other stores to compare it to except the chainstores, because I havent really been to any other LFS. He's usually got almost everything I need, I never seem to leave empty handed!

#2 ·
havent been in years, but id like to stop by soon.
adam just recently joined the NJAGC (new jersey aquatic gardeners club). you might consider doing so too...
a lot of members were welcoming him and saying they like store. and he mentioned a discount for njagc members (more incentive to join. :) )

though in term of selection, its hard to beat absolutely fish and fishtown USA. you should stop by them both sometime to see. really impressive stores, but their prices are high, so if you can find it elsewhere then buy it at that elsewhere.

#3 ·
only thing about adams is the staff is not super knowledgeable... well some aren't some are amazing.

adam himself needs to be a bit more interactive,

fish are healthy, plants have snails and alge(a lot of them) always a problem when i get stuff there. his betta are not the greatest,

#4 ·
I've only been there once because it is an hour away, but I do work about 15 minutes away. I thought the selection of fish was good. He does have a lot there, and the prices are decent. Adam is a little rough around the edges, but I'm not going there to make any friends. You do have to be careful with the plants as I did notice algae and snails as already stated. But the selection and prices make it worth checking out. The plants can easily go through a quick dip before putting in your tank. All in all, I'd give the store a thumbs up for people who live within a reasonable drive.

#5 ·
I find Adam's one of my favorite LFS. I'm fairly new to aquarium hobby so I've been to almost every LFS within 50 miles of Summit, NJ (where I live). I made the half hour drive there yesterday to get a new heater as I know he has a large selection in items like that. They have really good prices on nano tanks and carry Deep Blue rimless which is a plus (purchased one last week). I think the best thing about Adams besides good prices are they carry hard to find inverts occasionally. I picked up a Malawi Blue Crab, Blue Atya Filter Shrimp, and a Mexican Mini Lobster (My avatar pic). As for fish they have a fairly good selection. Their medium sized discus are only $20-30 and are gorgeous. Overall good store, in top 5 out of the 15 or so I've been to in NJ.

#6 ·
just went there today, the guy who works sunday is great, knows his stuff.

i think adams depends on who is working if you want help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.