The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need Kokua for CO2 Set up!

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  bikercarl 
#1 ·
Aloha!

I have a slight problem that I hope someone here in Hawaii can help with! I have a CO2 set up running right now. Here's where I get thrown off track. I need to split it to run two tanks. I want to be able to control the flow to the two tanks separately. I bought a three way splitter off of Flea Bay, but I can't screw it into the needle valve (its a Fabco NV-55).

Any ideas? Anybody know where I can find fittings for CO2 set ups? Maybe I can bring in my Regulator/Magnetic Valve and the splitter valve to show them? I was hoping to stay away from the pet stores since they'll be expensive. Any kokua you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Mahaloz!
BikerCarl

#3 ·
I bought it off GoAqua88 on eBay. Here's a picture:

[Ebay Link Removed]

The splitter has a means to control the flow for each of the nipples. I am guessing that I will need to buy some sort of fitting or adapter to make it fit. If you know of any place I can go to or someone I can talk to, I would appreciate any kokua you can throw my way!

Mahaloz!
BikerCarl

#10 ·
Aloha theIsegse,

Mahalo for the heads up! I'll have to check them out when I get some time off next week. Do you know off hand if there's anything closer to Pearl City/Honolulu side? I stopped by the old Gas Pro, but the guy behind the counter said that they didn't carry anything for tubing this small.

Mahaloz!
BikerCarl

#13 ·
Aloha All!

Okay, I went down to Hydra-Air Pacific and this guy named Lance helped me out. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Didn't know what I was trying to do, but after a few questions, he figured out what I needed and got the part for me. Saved me a whole lotta money. He did explain that they don't have really small fittings, but suggested that if I remove my needle valve, he had a fitting for me to incorporate the splitter. Only problem there is that there isn't much parking and the street parking is almost non-existent. They are on Koapaka in the business district near the airport. If you need help, I'd recommend giving them a call! I hope that this helps!

BikerCarl

#15 ·
Aloha Yamaz,

Mahalo for the pics and the follow up! I wound up getting a T Split from Hydra Air and then attached it to the Magnetic Valve, the Fabco NV and a cheapie valve that came off the other splitter. It turned out that I couldn't use it because I couldn't find the right fitting from the Magnetic Valve to the splitter from Flea Bay! It was a good idea when I started, I just didn't realize how difficult it was to finally execute everything. I wish I had known about Hyrda Air earlier because I would have just built the splitter like I basically did yesterday AND it would have been cheaper! In any case, I hope that this helps!

Mahaloz!
BikerCarl

#17 ·
Aloha Yamaz,

I know its not the prettiest, but at least it works! I bought the three way splitter (that I couldn't use) for around $40. I already had the Fabco needle valve so I think I paid less than ten bucks at Hydra Air for these parts (I had to pick up some other unrelated stuff). Basically, I bought a fitting with two male receptacles and the "T" splitter. I cannibalized one valve from the flea bay splitter that was useless for me and the needle valve from my original set up. Don't know what I paid for everything total, but I would say it had to have been just a shade over $200 WITH a 20# cylinder of CO2!!! This one is a regulator with two gauges, a Clippard Magnetic Valve, the Fabco Needle Valve, the two sided fitting and the T split.

Could it have been done cheaper? Yeah, probably. I just didn't expect to be running more than one tank with CO2. Lesson to be learned? Plan your layout carefully and tailor it to what you want to do. Don't buy one set up, think about it, pay more money to try to retro fit it and then have to figure out if your retro fit will work properly without compromising too much!

I hope that this helped!
BikerCarl

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.