The Planted Tank Forum banner

40g Breeder Lighting/stem plants

873 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jeffvmd 
#1 ·
Hey guys! So I'm going through a complete upgrade of my 40g tank and going high light/high tech. When I originally started this tank two years ago it was meant to be high tech, but school/money got in the way before I could get pressurized CO2 and better lighting.

Since then things changed. Anway, I had/have a current nova 2 bulb 36in t5HO on it's legs about 4inches above the aquarium. When I first started the tank, any stem plants I had in the tank would all lose their lower leaves. I'm guessing because the light was having trouble reaching the bottom leaves/poor distribution of light throughout the tank. My question now would be what does everyone think would be the best way to fix this problem, because I want to plant heavily (I can't hang anything from my ceilings sadly).

The options I was thinking are either going with a catalina 36in 2 t5ho (which would be better reflectors and increased distance between the two bulbs), or getting another nova extreme and having four bulbs. Thanks for the input!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.