The Planted Tank Forum banner

Purdue

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  TankYouVeryMuch 
#1 ·
Who here is at purdue, I know of 2 more so far, but who else is there? Or just in West Lafayette

#2 ·
I think I may be included in your 2 (red's the other?). I think he knows someone else with a tank too. I know a couple people with small tanks, but nobody who's really into planted tanks.
Side note: probably a bad time to task...I think everyone's stuck dreading finals...I know I'm not looking forward to any one of the 7 this week. But hopefully there are some more folks around here with tanks.

#7 · (Edited)
Hello Purdue people, I am new to the forum but I work at Aquarium World and you are not alone, although it seems that way. Just so you know, my name is Colby or Cheese, and i have been working at the store for almost 9 years, but i am not here to plug my employer, i dont make commission, i love all things aquatic. There is a very small group of hardcore planted tank keepers locally. But I am hoping to change that. I would love to talk with anyone who is interested. I work all day every day till 5 except Fridays. Or shoot me a message here. Pardon my crappy pics from my cell phone hope to have new ones soon

#11 ·
Bumping an almost year old thread. I recently got back into the fishtank scene. I have had my 60 gallon up and running for a month now. I have 6 bleeding heart tetras and 7 serape tetras. I have 80 pounds of Eco complete and I got some plants today. Rotella sp, rotella indica, amazon sword. Java fern(?), java moss, and something else I forgot the name of. I got a dual lamp t5 ho light fixture providing lighting. I get all my stuff from aquarium world here in town with the exception of the fish. Petsmart had pretty much all tetras on sale for $1. Here is a pic of what it looks like now

#12 ·
Nice! just found this forum. Am at Purdue currently with a 40 gal breeder fully planted. I frequently buy at aquarium world. I have a big stock of Red Cherry shrimp if anyone is interested. Let me kno if your interested in plant trades. Ill post some pictures...

#16 ·
Purdue 40 gal

So I found a couple pictures of my tank when i first had it setup. Ive made alot of remodeling since than LOL. Ive kept alot of my plants and live stock which consists if 10x cardinal tetra, 2x Apistogrammas, and 50+ shrimp rcs. I buy alot from Aquarium world which gets pricey. So i would love to do trades or if anyone is interested in buys that will be great. So far my tank I plan on getting red tiger lotus, Telanthera Rosefolia or Ludwigia peruensis, and glosso (been having trouble with dwarf baby tears). Hopefully this week. Am kinda just experimenting with different things trying to figure out what I like and what works best for me. Just having fun. I just started with planted aquariums with this tank which is 6 months old now. So ive learned alot and well learning still. So yea let me kno what you think... Ive attached a few pictures here will post more after break.

Attachments

#18 ·
Update on my tank.

Its actually a 40 gal breeder. It looks completely different since i first set up the tank. Heres some pictures I took this week. Betta and Apisto are best Buds surprisingly. They swim side by side and go on hunt for some rcs =). Good thing, I hate keeping bettas in small jars. Am happy with the way the tank looks. Just having issues with algae growing in some places. Not sure whats causing it. Am umping the CO2 and see if that does anything.

Attachments

#19 ·
I see this thread is 6 months old, but I am getting back into aquaria and decided to do a planted tank with one of my 75 gallons. Very new and finding myself throwing to much money and making to many noob decisions and mistakes so I thought I'd better join. I live on the deep south side of Lafayette (south of Veteran's Memorial lol). Hope to learn a lot.

#23 · (Edited)
Well hello everyone. I havent looked at this thread in a while, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has tanks at Purdue. I currently have 3 tanks, a 20L, 5.5 gallon and a 3 gallon. I have RCS/PFR in the 5.5 and Yellow shrimp in the 3 gallon. I'm trying to get a breeding colony of CBS going in my 20L along with some micro rasbora. I can't think of all my plants, but dwarf hairgrass, amazon frogbit, java fern, fire/taiwan/java moss, various stems, and bronze wendtti crypts are some of what I have. If anyone is looking for some yellow shrimp, my 3 gallon is just about over run, let me know. I've actually talked to Aquarium World about selling them some. I also have what I think is giant duckweed in my 3 gallon, it looks good and populates fast, if anyone wants a handful, let me know.

I have moved to Ohio.

#28 ·
I am not to worried about them interbreeding. I have fish mixed in with them so even if they did, I would never see them grow to adult. They'd all get eaten. But I am looking to set up anther 55 gallon so I will want the yellows for that. I will give you a yell when I get it set up and ready to stock. It will be a few weeks to get the cycle. But it will go fast since I have other tanks up and cycled already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.