The Planted Tank Forum banner

Who here is around the Indianapolis, IN area

12K views 101 replies 37 participants last post by  k3xx 
#1 ·
I am in Noblesville & wondering who is around this area.

Scot

#15 ·
Have you guys heard about the Circle City Aquarium Club? Next month there will be a pretty big auction. Since I've joined the club, there have been plants that have been auctioned. Just tonight Anubis Nana was auctioned, as well as some hygro, Java Fern "needle" and a few others.

End of April Indy is hosting the ALA convention.

#18 ·
Thank you. Question tho, lost my tanks in the move, whats some good local shops to get a 30 g to 75 g tank around here? Id like to start another planted here soon. Im open to online as well as long as the price is fair but i DO NOT want acrylic

#22 ·
Thanks for all the help you guys, much appreciated.

Brian, dont have the money yet because of the recent move but when i do ill shoot you a pm. On the other hand dont hold it around either, if someone else wants it or you put it to use, by all means do so. Ill keep the offer in mind though, thank you.

#25 ·
got an ok deal at specks today

29 gallon marineland, with hood, light and oak stand
came with one of those little tetra wonders 3 gallons tanks as well, got it for about $170 plus tax

i'll just turn the 3 gallon into something for the kids... shrimp tank maybe?

#28 ·
From the few times I've been in there they've had some very good deals.

On this particular occasion they were having a sale on the 29 gallons, but it had expired on the 31st of last month, but because I found one hanging out with the sign still on it, they gave it to me anyway.

The one deal that I missed that I really wanted was a 55 gallon tank and stand combo that they had for the low $200's, it was a steal but I just didn't have the money at the time.

They had a good selection of rainbows in terms of species but in one tank that had some celebes and boesmani's in a tank with yellow lab and other cichlids with juvenile red belly pirahnas as well.... :icon_evil WTF?! As you can imagine their fins were tore up to shreads. They did have some nice threadfins on the other hand and a few other notable fish, but I guess from from i'm used to, not the kind of selection I would generally choose from. I guess i'm just used to the rarities and good variety from my LFS in NJ.

I still need to check out some other stores however in the area, so we'll see. Crimson, perhaps you could direct me to some stores closer to the brownsburg area?

I believe I saw a Pet Jungle or Safari or something of that nature on 36 in Avon? Maybe I was mistaken...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.