The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aquascaping Materials - CT

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  webdevbrian 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where a good place to find Ryuoh stone or some other type of cool looking aquascaping material here in CT? I appreciate your responses. I would love to find someplace cool that is local and "free", rather than a store, but if stores are the only place to find it, that is cool as well.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I know some good driftwood places, and locations for granite and such, even a couple of interesting gemstone localities, but I don't think you'll find much that's similar to ryuoh stone locally. CT geology doesn't match up much with that of Japan/Asia-in-general where the fancy amano-style scaping rocks come from. Most of Japan was formed by volcanic activity... CT is mostly made of glacial deposits. Different kinds of rock and all.

But, you never know. Maybe look into local shale quarries... shale at least has the kind of layering that, with a little sandpaper "weathering" might get you a similar effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.