The Planted Tank Forum banner

I need help with this please

984 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Lotto 
#1 ·
the tank is about a week old and i know that im supposed to go through new tank blues. so what do i do about this?

its a 90p tank
co2 injection 3bbls/sec
tek lighting about 3.5 watts/gal 8 hours a day
amazon II substrate
no fertz

its all over everything including rocks and substrate surface. wasnt there this morning and then BOOM! today sucks.

also is my HC supposed to grow like this? looks like its growing upwards.

please help

See less See more
#2 ·
You need more plants. Many more! fill up your tank with fast growers.
Cut your lighting in half. Run one bank of lights for 4 hours then the other for 4 hours. A small overlap would be okay.

Aquasoil in a new tank setup will release lots of ammonia in the beginning. With the amount of plants in your tank you are asking for algae. Do a water change everyday for a week. More plants and think about how you are going to fertilize and get a plan together. E.I --PPS----PPSpro-------ADA?

As far as the algae you have now looks to be the easy kind to deal with. I should be fairly soft and easy to beat. Clean as much out daily with an old toothbrush by twirling the brush in the algae. Filter brush or a pipe cleaning brush will work also.

Just keep after it. Crank the co2 up and watch your fish if you have any in there.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.