The Planted Tank Forum banner

NJ Plant Club! -NJAGC Meeting Recaps-

26K views 63 replies 22 participants last post by  pfcs49 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It has been a long time coming…………………..

We are very pleased to announce the formation of a New Jersey’s first plant club, the New Jersey Aquatic Gardener’s Club or NJAGC (www.njagc.net).

NJAGC will promote the aquatic plant hobby by providing a group of like minded hobbyists whose practical experiences in the hobby will serve as a means of assistance and support for people who are new to the hobby and the growth of aquatic plants. NJAGC will also act as a place to exchange ideas and techniques for the more experienced hobbyists, as well as providing a means for the exchange of aquarium plants, both common and rare, between members of all levels within the club.

NJAGC plans on establishing a fairly regular schedule of meetings in the form of open houses, plant swaps, and informal gatherings at local aquarium shops. Our first meeting will be held at 7:30PM to 9:30PM on Wednesday, November 15, 2006. Location as well as directions will be provided upon response.

All are welcome to join the NJAGC. At this time, membership in the NJAGC is free and open to all residents of New Jersey, as well as residents of other areas willing to participate in a New Jersey based organization. All members will be entitled to invitations to NJAGC meetings and special events as well as participation in group purchases of aquatic plants, fish and invertebrates as well as other hobby related supplies. Members will also have access to the “club only” NJAGC forum.

Interested? Have questions? Please contact us by clicking here. We’ll be happy to provide further information.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
About time for an update!

http://www.njagc.net/forum/index.php
See how that works.(it does) EDIT: MAYBY IT DOESN'T IF YOU AREN'T A MEMBER!!
IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER, USE THE LINK IN MY POST BELOW!!
This is a good friendly community and we want your company so we invite you to come and visit us.
Nice family atmosphere-members identify by their real names, and sometimes even get together like a REAL club!
If you're nearby, join.
Oh yeah-when they get together they bring in wheelbarrow loads of plants that overgrew their high tech tanks-and have a "plant swap". If you don't have any they make sure you do when you leave!
Did I mention-they're nice people too?!

#10 ·
Meetings are at members homes.

This is a unique club. Members get to know one another first hand. We don't use monikers but instead go by our real names online. Once you are a member, you'll be eligible to come to any meeting at host-members homes. Click on the link just above in my last post and you can join. Once a member, you can access all forums and read about this stuff. Our next gathering is annual picnic at a members home near Flanders, Saturday July 21. Be there or be square!

Edit: meetings are generally on Saturday afternoons, sometimes Sunday.

#11 ·
Meetings are held at members' houses, and so each meeting is at a different location. Generally, meetings are held once a month, every other month (six meetings a year). Attending meetings isn't required to be a part of the club. Many of the members are in Northern or Cental NJ, with a few in Southern NJ and in parts of NY.

If you're interested, please join. Membership is free.

#14 ·
Just to let you all know, we recently had elections at NJAGC and have a new slate of officers/leaders/Core Team...

I was elected President and we are now trying to be more faithful in posting up our meeting reports. The leadership has monthly meetings via teleconference using Rondee.com It works out fairly well.

We still do have meetings at member homes which almost always feature a Plant Swap. Bring some plants and take some away. If you don't have any to bring, take some anyway. We try to load up new members with plants.

We may hold a meeting at a public aquarium at some time. Last meeting was in Camden and myself and two others met at the Camden Aquarium before the meeting for a visit.

We have members from NY State that are pretty consistent in attending our meetings. Others from NYC are very active on the forum. So membership is not limited to NJ. If you are near enough to NJ to attend the meetings, join up and check us out.

#15 ·
Our November meeting is being postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Gasoline is very short in supply and most of us don't want to make the trip to the meeting. Still have not heard from most of the members to see how they made out. This meeting may be postponed till January, so if you join up now you will be eligible to attend it by January!!!

We lost power for two days at home and work is still out since Monday. I have tanks in both places and don't hold much hope for my Tanganyikan Cichlids at work. They survived at home fine. Plants are no worse for the wear.

#17 ·
I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

That's strange ... I did see your request come through and I did reply to it. I'll resend you a login info again and I'll also send it through tpt.

Also for anybody else whoever had trouble signing in just let us know here or through pm and we will work through all the issues to get you going.

Thanks

#25 ·
You can see all of the recaps of our past meetings on our public side of the club site. Here is a link to the December meeting: http://www.njagc.net/wp/meetings/december-1st-2012/

Just click under categories to see the meeting reports. Some are missing as we got lax and didn't write them up.

#26 ·
On January 12th, 2013, NJAGC meeting was held at Ken Onulak’s home. The main focus of the meeting was tear down of 200 gallon tank and relocation of a 150 gallon tank.

To see a report of this meeting, click on the link. http://www.njagc.net/wp/meetings/january-12-2013/ and look under the Club Meetings and Events section for Jan 12, 2013.

#29 ·
Ive been trying to rejoin but I dont remember any of my info for the forum can anyone here help?
Can you send me a PM of your handle or e-mail that you used? I can go ahead and change the password and send it to you via e-mail through the forum. (provided that you still have the same e-mail address)

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.