The Planted Tank Forum banner

Measuring tools for dry fertz

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jmhart 
#1 ·
Hey

Never used dry fertz before. I need to add very little amount (as little as 0.1 gr...) . Any recommendation on where and what kind of measuring tools to use to dispense such small amounts?

#2 ·
If you are measuring using teaspoons, you can get measuring spoons that go down to 1/64 on Amazon (I have heard people getting them from stores such as Bed, Bath and Beyond as well).

If you want to measure weights, then you can just get a kitchen scale that measures to 0.1 grams.

#4 ·
Are you wanting to dose that small of an amount on a regular basis? If so, it really is much easier to mix up your own liquid ferts and use some sort of dropper. I always prefer to measure the cap of whatever bottle I'll be using, and then mix up the ferts so that one capful is my target dose.

Any easy-to-use volumetric measurement of 0.1 gram will be rife with inconsistency.

I bought a scale on ebay for $20/shipped that weighs 0.1 grams up to almost 1.75 kg. Really great buy. I use it for fertilizer measurments and for homebrewing (not without a good wipe in between).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.