Planted Tank Gallery - Windowsill garden
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > pGallery

Windowsill garden
Back to Gallery
mike2lane

Your Avatar
Image Title Windowsill garden
Image Size: 837577 bytes
Category: Tank Shots
Full Size: Click for Full Size
Description: This is my first tank I set up a few months back. For flora, I have water bamboo (from Home Depot), Mexican Petunia (it keeps getting big and I have to cut it back, Fanwort (I think, lol), a moss ball, and decaying oak leaves (to feed the daphnia). For fauna, I have algae shrimp, a male dwarf gourami, and some snails and daphnia.
Date Uploaded: 31st August, 2010
Favorite:

sherryazure
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Clever, interesting and unique idea. Beautiful. (not sure if you know this.... here is link to "bamboo" plant fyi.) http://www.plantoasis.com/plants/1021_1040/1030_lucky_bamboo.htm The common name Lucky Bamboo is deceiving, this plant is not a bamboo at all, but actually a member of the Dracaena genus. Lucky bamboo is typically sold growing in water. If growing in water, the water should be changed frequently, so that rot does not develop. Dracaena sanderiana can also be grown in soil, just like any other houseplant. When grown in soil, it is usually known by the common name of the ribbon plant.